I think that video game companies should keep their servers open free for me forever because I bought their game

>I think that video game companies should keep their servers open free for me forever because I bought their game

Attached: FUNGUS.png (661x707, 609.07K)

learn english nigger

wow guys, the person who doesn't have any friends is also an illiterate bastard.

What game should he cover in the next Game Dungeon?

Attached: url.jpg (640x640, 91.84K)

>goes to deli
>buys sandwich
>sandwich goes stale after a few days

NOOOOO!!!! THE DELICATESSEN SHOULD KEEP THE SANDWICH FRESH FOR ME FOREVER!!!!

Why are idiots like this, Any Forums?

Attached: 1629232527393.png (777x490, 830.36K)

No. They should give tools to the public to enable the creation of dedicated servers. The (((free market))) can suck my dick.

Link to the video where he said this as well as timestamp for the quote. Refusal to do this within the next 5 minutes will result in this thread being reported for trolling outside of Any Forums.

>food analogy

>I bought their game
Legally speaking you bought the right to download it until they take it away

If you are buying a licensed copy of a video game, you are buying rights to permanently use that software. His argument is that hiding half of a game on the server side and never releasing it so the game dies when the servers turn off is immoral and an abuse of consumers. He is objectively correct. All he wants is for devs/publishers to release the server side software when a game is shut down to honor their side of a consumer software agreement.

>shut down your servers
>but release a utility for anyone to host their own
wow so hard

>buys a cat
>the cat fucking dies

NOOOO!!! MY STALWART COMPANION WAS MEANT TO LAST FOREVER WTF????

Do Americans really?

Attached: retard_scott.jpg (739x415, 16.84K)

>game requires a server to work
>doesn't provide a way to locally host the server so you can still play it

Digital products that die are stupid.

your license can be revoked at any time. it's never permanent

>buy spoon
>company that made spoon and come to my house, kick me in the nuts, and take my spoon away
Capitalism!

Having a clear and defined End of Life plan for the support of your product is an industry standard practice. Ross has never advocated for the onus of infinite support to lay with developers, but rather that if a game is designed to rely upon centralized servers -- oftentimes to an unnecessary degree -- that some amount of recourse be afforded should the inevitable shutdown of the service occur, such as a patch to allow for offline play or allow for community servers to fill the void when official support ends.
But you already know all this, because you just want to bait replies by posting disingenuous assumptions as a means of sparking discussion.

Attached: 1626069936320.png (503x550, 571.57K)

You know this is not what he says, if you want a Ross thread just start by talking about a game he recently reviewed. This kind of OP makes this board even trashier than usual.

Then I should be refunded what I paid for.

Most intelligent post on Any Forums right now.

Legally speaking you can suck my dick and balls

N I G G E R

Original Doom and Quake is still going and I doubt any of the original developers even think about it ever again.
Only games that do things the hard way does a thread like this exist for faggots.

Cool strawman

Companies only have to keep servers open for a game to keep functioning if they make them that way

Doom, Half-Life, Quake and every other game made from that time will be playable for the rest of eternity, with no server having to stay around to do that

He said the next one is about an apocalypse

If the devs are gonna shut down the servers forever then they should give the community the ability to host their own before hand.

Attached: 1627940172592.png (333x338, 148.68K)

oh, yes that's me!

>you just want to bait replies by posting disingenuous assumptions as a means of sparking discussion.
Is it even "sparking discussion" if it's based entirely around strawman statements, and actively ignores any logical points brought up?

I think by "discussion" he meant "reason for needless argument"

What even is the point of this thread? Misrepresenting his argument this badly doesn’t do anything. Literally all he asks for is repair instructions, not infinite server hosting you corporate mongoloid.