And just like that, all positive discussion for this "game" died forever

youtu.be/te8YBQYs2Fw?t=4676
And just like that, all positive discussion for this "game" died forever...

Attached: Xenoblade_Chronicles_2.jpg (300x300, 40.46K)

>t=4676
not watching your 6 hour gay confession

All he did was prove that he didn't play the game. The continual banal complaints about this game just make me wonder sometimes. It's not that XB2 is some masterstroke with no flaws, rather people choose to focus on libel forcefed by faggots on resetera or Dunkey who tailored their opinions. The game is hardly raunchy and actually has less fanservice than Xenoblade 1.

>All he did was prove that he didn't play the game.
Seethe harder Enel

Attached: 1512519997098.jpg (2000x3802, 1.9M)

So what does XB2 do wrong? A decent amount of things. I'll be using spoilers directly this game came out in 2017 play it already.

The first chapters aren't that great. This is where most people lose interest and put their hands up and declare it's a sex pest game because of one line about Pyra asking Rex to put his hand on her chest. The game only gets good around Chapter 4 where Mythra is introduced, along with the combat opening up more as well.

Then you have a lot of stop-start motion where Chapter 4's climax seems like it's just going to continue to ramp up but instead it introduces a lot more set pieces. I give it a pass because the music is ABSOLUTE FUCKING KINO and the art direction is just gorgeous. Seriously, if the game didn't have those two things I definitely would've punched out sooner.

That being said, I think the biggest problem shows itself here where XB2 actually has too many plot ideas that resolve themselves in cheap ways. Or they just don't get enough time. Takahashi has always been terrible at this.

Example: They reuse the forest scene for both Alamathus and Zeke, and even Jin. It's the exact same fucking forest every time and they are all running away from someone. They all have the same loosely defined arc as well where Alamathus is upset because his mommy died and Zeke almost dies so he becomes a blade eater and then Jin and Lora as well. Literal. Exact. Forest. Exact same people running away from too. It was as cheap and as fucking anime as possible. So how come these faggots never get to this part? Because they didn't play the game and should have no particular say on it.

Based classy user eloquently roasted XB2 fans and BTFO their game lol.

There is no positive aspects. It's 0/10 thru and thru

Holy shit, fucking savage post.
>It was as cheap and as fucking anime as possible
Describes the entire experience don't it? This is why we stopped playing jap games.

I think the gameplay is alright, but I think it’s one of the weaker Xeno games. The story is very towards the back half, and isn’t super amazing. Lots of scenes come off a juvenile, which is a contrast from the very mature atmosphere in Gears and Saga. The characters are irritating and one note. Overall, it’s like a 6/10 because of the good exploration and combat, but there is a lot to not like.

>3 posters
the samefaggotry in this thread is just sad.

The fact that XB3 isn't completely retconning XB2 and forgetting it ever happened tells us that it's just gonna be the exact same anime shit that nobody will like.

I'm a huge fan on XB2

>but I think it’s one of the weaker Xeno games.
It's worse than Saga 2. The only person who likes this "game" on here is Enel who constantly samefags and falseflags.
>Lots of scenes come off a juvenile, which is a contrast from the very mature atmosphere in Gears and Saga
Xenoblade is considered the shitty Fisher Price version of Xenogears for a reason.

Wow, the man with no taste. Everything about 2 was better than 1. The music, the characters, the combat, the locations, the enemy design. Sure, some designs are questionable, but that's pretty much par for the course. 1's characters were pretty one note.

>Dunban
The caring brother trope. Dunban is the typical 'leader' character that has nothing to offer outside of his typical "i'm older than you" wisdom. He joins the party and then becomes the question generator. The guy that you have ask all the questions because he's obviously the one that is actually thinking.
>Reyn
So one note it hurts. He's the BRO character, the person that Shulk will lean on. Develops a relationship with Sharla that basically just amounts to "I'm a replacement boyfriend, but I'll act like I'm not"
>Fiora
Cute girl next door. That is literally it. Fiora has no arc and only exists to support Shulk.
>Melia
Stuck up Princess with a crush. One of the few characters to get an arc, but it's limited to a few chapters and then she becomes a side character, even though she's the one most affected by the plot of the game. People mistake pity for character it seems.
>Riki
Comic relief dad that has two scenes where he isn't a stupid comic relief character.
>Sharla
The big sister character, the girl that is there simply to make the BRO character not seem like he's gay.
>Shulk
THE ACTUAL ONE WITH ANY CHARACTER. He goes through a complete character arc. He desires revenge, he comes to the realization that there is more going on and desires to change the future and then to let every human make their own determinations and not to be tied down by someone else, even if that is a God.

>xfag is watching hours upon hours of youtube videos from random 10k subscriber ecelebs in desperate hope that one of them will say something bad about xc2

You shut your whore fucking mouth. I know it's rare to see someone articulate their opinion that isn't just universal praise or dumping on a game but I wasn't finished. I like this game and it's one of my favorites I've played in a long time. It's not perfect though, and I recognize it's issues. I see it for the sum of it's parts and it mostly recovers from what I described.

You have based malos who is always entertaining on screen and then Jin being all muh Torna which is less interesting but Malos' motivations and how they turn every character recovers from the anime shlock. Even Jin when he isn't being a pussy can do something cool once in a while. The other Torna members were decently entertaining as well. The problem this game faces is that the story that is supposedly presented has a lot of small details that are missed by tourists of the Xeno series which is what makes this good. Once it comes full circle and you're hit with the bombshell that the backdrop of Boy meets Girl and goes on wacky adventures was exactly that, it's fucking great.

That one scene when you're climbing the world Tree and you see Amalthus fighting Torna in the background is fucking K I N O. Absolute unadulterated kino. It takes a minute to get there but by then the game just doesn't stop. Once it stops pulling punches a lot of those flashbacks or small details start to piece together. And then my god the explanation from Klaus where YOU CAN HEAR SHULK ON THE OTHER END KINO ALERT UNBELIEVABLE KINO ONTOS PROTOS AND MALOS TAKAHASHI SHOULD'VE JUST DONE THIS SOONER BUT INSTEAD HE JUST BAITS RETARDS EVERYTIME

You’re fucking retarded. Saga 2 is a clusterfuck of a game, and keep your schizo rants about your boogeymen away from my valid criticisms.

>The only person who likes this "game" on here is Enel who constantly samefags and falseflags.
meds

There's no need to shit on other games in the series if someone shits on one you like. 1 and 2 are both good games. We should be lifting each other up, not tearing each other down.

Luv me Xenoblade 2, simple as
No matter how many people try to shit on it, it was a journey I will never forget. If X3 can give me at least half the pleasure and feelings from 2, I'll be very happy. It will be hard to do, and music wise there is no way they can beat "Counterattack".

Attached: 5.png (1729x969, 2.57M)

I even ended up liking Rex around this time. He's a stupid kid with a big heart. He's not some deeply motivated character with roots, rather he's just unashamedly himself. I remember when Nia asks what he's going to do when he sees Malos again and Rex responds "well I'll slug him! And then maybe I'll invite him to the pub or something and we can be friends" like no joke that's so fucking cute. Oh but nevermind I should be just continually negative and point out how he's affably stupid in the beginning even though his arc is defined a bit by not being depending on the Aegis or Jin being like 'you're just a stupid kid and don't deserve the Aegis' it has a tinge of coming-of-age that has been done before that I rolled my eyes at but he doesn't compromise and suddenly become a badass and after some time I like that.

Mythra is also infinitely better than boring ass Pyra and has motivations that are actually engaging despite her being a typical tsun. As I go through my own feelings and reflect on good and bad with things such as characters or motivations or how they resolve I do recognize a lot of what I dislike but I can't help but really enjoy it because it almost plays to it's own weakness. It is absolutely anime and cheesy and fucking tropey sometimes but it's balanced by what Xeno is and I think the cheesiness and tropes make it easier to digest instead of something like fucking Xenogears or Xenosaga which is lost on 75% of the people.

Also, fun fact - if you play Xeno 2 on the emulator, game is still not fully bug free and character face animations can be messy sometimes. They sleep with their eyes open and of course - Brighid looks like pic related most of the time.

Attached: 6.png (1729x965, 2.81M)

So this wasn't a deep dive 4 hour egotrip on why my opinion is right I just felt like sitting down and talking about small things I enjoyed without any coherence to them. I don't like giving ratings to something but it might've just been the time I played it or how I felt personally but it really was like comfort food to me. I really think people should give it a fair shake. If you don't like it then whatever but for fuck's sake I am tired of reading the same drivel over and over from both sides. I don't like this game because I'm a coomer and I don't dislike it because it's anime at times. Anime is popular for a reason and while I would prefer a more nuanced approach, I don't mind it sometimes.

Oh and again, the music and art direction is sublime. Seriously. This game goes from 'yeah that was alright' to 'oh my god I remember hearing this track and fucking crying' or like how I just sat in awe at some of the vistas.

I appreciate that you like it, but I personally forgot about half of the game. It didn’t stick with me like 1 or Gears did. It was fun to play though.

It's all good user. I don't have a grudge against people who don't like it. We're all into different shit. I just wanted to do something different and remind everyone this is a video game discussion board and not a hot take factory machine line

user shitting on things we dislike is literally the point of the this thread please get back on topic

I guess everyone wants something different out of Xeno. Personally, I want a more western style Arthur C Clarke inspired almost melodramatic epic with a deep story and a great cast, but I’m ok with people who want a lighter, more anime inspired game.

>All he did was prove that he didn't play the game
It’s always the same exact cope from these weeb trannies. Been using the same cope for years, kek.

I have a feeling XB3 will be a mix of both, and much like the fanbase being divided on XB1 and XB2 (X is here too but nobody pretends the story is worth shit) they will come together in harmony

I love this autistic japanese man so much

Attached: autist.png (321x432, 171.17K)

I'm a male with a big titted tomboy turned feminine housewife