Whoa...original Xbox could do raytracing? wtf?

Whoa...original Xbox could do raytracing? wtf?

Attached: coldfear-raytracing.webm (640x480, 2.93M)

I think the ps2 could as well

You betcha

Attached: ico-swim.webm (576x440, 2.95M)

Yes, and Elden Ring cant

Might be because it's designed for weak modern PCs and PS4, not powerful consoles like the PlayStation 2.

Attached: dogslifeswim.webm (580x442, 2.9M)

There used to be lots of weird custom stuff each system back in the day could do. When the started using CPU stuff made by AMD and shit is when the cool little custom things stopped happening.

never played this game, looks comfy as hell

Dog's Life is a masterpiece and I recommend it highly

Attached: dogslife2pointer.webm (640x480, 2.94M)

Someone really thought this shit is raytracing. lmfao

It's by the developers of Elite: Dangerous

Attached: dogslifeview.webm (640x480, 2.64M)

i dont know what ray tracing is

>NOOOO THAT'S NOT REAL RAYTRACING
bro.........it looks the same

Attached: vp2reflection.jpg (1920x1080, 2.16M)

unless this post is a sarcastic joke, i wanna say that the reflection could just be the room being rendered twice.

Attached: _3TNDMkKAQxg1Tes0pGHdyz35acrqq8bidnh6AgUKYk.jpg (630x437, 113.11K)

It's unironically getting it in a patch.

I don't even know what raytracing is :v

Attached: 1610482572965.jpg (540x539, 138.52K)

>it's another "Any Forums pretends to know about 3D graphics and only exposes how little they know" thread

this. sounds like just another way to suck the money out of non-discriminating consumers.

Arngrim mogs that cunt

"""Ray tracing""" on a static camera is trivial because you can just flip the rendered character and fix the position of the reflection
Ray tracing with a camera that can freely move is much more difficult because the reflection change depending on your view
That's not ray tracing, it's just baked reflections only possible in static views

reflections on uneven surfaces like water.
look pretty, adds nothing.

Threads like this prove that Any Forums knows almost nothing about how the games they play are developed.

there are now thousands of actual fucking retards on the internet that think accurate realtime reflections require raytracing because of nvidia marketing. i can't bear it.

>graphicfaggotry
I'm not interested in your newest hip fad, Kaiba.

Kiwami bros...

Attached: Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 HD - Boss Battles_ 2 - Goda Ryuji.webm (1280x720, 934.83K)

Present an alternative way to gain physically accurate realtime reflections that work on curved surfaces, conform to surface normals and reflect objects outside the camera frustum.

Attached: RayTrace_1.png (588x462, 57.39K)

no.

This is literally what they tell us ray tracing is, the water is reflecting stuff that isn't on screen at the moment.

That's not raytracing you fucking retard. Just some simple screenspace reflections

Ironically rendering the room twice is less expensive than calculating reflections with ray tracing.

you don't need ray tracing to do reflections

Attached: 800px-Ep2_jalopy.jpg (800x600, 202.83K)

The funniest shit is that when people try to justify ray tracing they disable these type of effects or compare games that never had these type of things implemented only ray tracing so they can trick people into thinking it's better than it actually is.
Same bullshit with lighting effects.