ITT: GOAT DPad

>So comfy, literally no thumb pain after 15 hours a day usage for a month
>I dont even want to use the analog
I wish every cheap controllers adopt this DPad so I dont have to pay for SeX prices

Attached: sex.jpg (167x125, 8.79K)

15 hours a day, YUCK!

Is it better than the Vita dpad?

Membrane buttons or throw it in the garbage. Nobody likes that clicky bullshit.

Yes, though Vita is better than PS1-4, never held 5

Vita > Series S/X > Wii U > One X > Switch Pro > DS4 > DS5 > DS3

>I want my controller buttons to feel like squishy cheap dogshit so I can pretend I'm 10 again and playing my hecking nintendo

What is the dpad even used for except menus

>why yes i hate precision and want all my inputs to feel and be ambiguous

It is literally the best dpad ever made
/thread

Anyone hating on membrane forgets that the abxy buttons are membrane and always will be because they're superior. Except for on the best controller, the Nintendo joycon

fighting games

emulating some systems with objectively shit controllers

*doubles inputs*
*misses presses*
*misregisters diagonals*
yep it's an xbox dpad alright

Literally
The face buttons are membrane because they're cheap and only have 2 states so a company isn't going to waste money on something so minor. DPads are used for multiple different inputs etc and thus you want accuracy and precision.

The xbox dpad is the most exciting controller because sometimes pressing it will get you two presses and sometimes you'll get none

>the best controller, the Nintendo joycon
this but unironically. if they didn't break after a year they'd be the perfect controller. especially the dpad. after using it i began to wonder why we even still have dpads instead of a second set of face buttons.

I don't know how the joycon made it out of the trading phase. Replacing the joycon case to give you a D-pad helps but you need a split pad.

>after using it i began to wonder why we even still have dpads instead of a second set of face buttons.
That's a good way of making sure nobody cares what you have to say about controllers.

>15 hours a day for a month

people said the same things back when analog sticks were new. fact is, a dpad consisting of 4 seperate buttons is objectively more useful than one that ties them all together for no reason other than "it's always been this way.

You just don't get why d-pads are pads. You don't learn it until you play a lot of games but it's better if you don't think about it for now.

i've played tons of games using the joycon's dpad as my main directional input and it works great. it's leagues better than the switch pro controller's dpad anyway.

Makes sense if that's your point of comparison. Switch Pro is an awful controller. It has nothing to do with tradition as to why d-pads are pads.