Are the people disliking Elden Ring just being contrarians...

Are the people disliking Elden Ring just being contrarians, or are there actual valid reasons to dislike this masterpiece?

Attached: fNyjvMw8evGHzbri3GWGRj-480-80.jpg (480x270, 22.15K)

Contrarians, filtered people and discord troons. So no. No valid reason.

i dont know because i physically cant play it

But can you digitally?

Contrarianism combined with desperate cope because the shazamposting doesn't work and the game's a complete success.

They've been waiting a year for a Tortanic and the complete opposite has happened.

The only people who don't like it are:

>people who are trash and get filtered

>people who dislike the open world aspect because they only played in the first area, and didn't see all the cool shit you find later on

>or are there actual valid reasons to dislike this masterpiece?
Of course there are, not every game is for everyone. The people who refuse to move on after realizing that and actively try to shit on the game however, are either retard contrarians, faggots seething about being filtered, or foxes staring at grapes.

I'm liking it a lot wish they had more new weapon types though

I have never played a single souls game in my life, but like DMC. Will I like it?

From games aren't for everyone
Some niggas need to be hand held

for some reason a bunch of trannies chose elden ring as their hill to die on.

Completely different games. Souls is more comparable to Monster Hunter combat than DMC.

No easy mode /thread

souls games have next to nothing in common with DMC aside from being action games.

Souls have nothing to do with DMC, it's hard to tell, but I recommend trying it, just for the world exploration aspect which is amazing by itself

I legitimately feel genuine pity for anyone who isnt enjoying this game. This game is what video games were meant to be.

Haven't felt the same way since bloodborne.

Sure souls bosses are easier than dmc ones in hard

IS THIS A HECKIN REFERENCE????????? GRRM-SAN THANK YOUUUUU OH MY GOOOOOD

Attached: 1645919210472.png (603x336, 380.56K)

terrible pc port, menus are dogshit, its dark souls 4 and still using p2p networking

Bro I'm just tired of souls-like gameplay. It's bad enough from keeps rehashing the same game, but you also had other games trying to make their own souls-like too. I have souls fatigue at this point.

fucking this
>exploration up the fucking ass
>highly customizable gameplay style
>beautiful environments

what the fuck do you want

>This game is what video games were meant to be.

It’s just fucking dark souls in a big map Jesus Christ.

900 million times this. souls genre is just not... fucking fun anymore... it was fun back in 2014, but like... what the fuck is the point? there's no ingenuity being made anywhere, and that much was clear with elden ring. they aren't doing anything new except the open world shit but it's all formulaic safe stuff that everyone else has done

I would assume a large part of them don't hate the game, but the fanbase who won't stop shitposting about it.

>This game is what video games were meant to be.
Fucking this. I've been waiting over 30 years for a game like this to be made.

IT'S CRASHING ON STARTUP AAARGH

>never played a single FromSoft game before this
>mfw getting to enjoy absolutely everything completely fresh
Elden Ring might honestly become my favorite game of all time if it keeps up the momentum until the end. I thought I explored all of Limgrave only to keep hearing about new shit in these threads.

Attached: 1638741157899.gif (112x112, 803.08K)

>hurr it's just big dark souls

If you don't like videogames just say so.

>twitch emote image size

go back

I mean, the performance on PC is a valid reason and I wouldn't blame you for hating it if it runs like hot shit on your machine.

As for the actual game, they're probably either getting filtered, larping, or just being bitter for the sake of being bitter.

Attached: Screenshot_20220228-234630_Google.jpg (1080x1051, 451.31K)

And that's a good thing user

Yeah. I like Dark Souls and I'm happy that there's more of it.

>what the fuck do you want
A game that doesn't feel like dark souls 3. Or 2. Or 1. Or demon's souls. Or any number of clones. I'm so fucking tired, dude. I'm tired of that gameplay. I'm tired of the 2DEEP4U grimdark settings. I'm tired of the playerbase. I'm tired of gaymen journos thinking it gives them some sort of gamer cred to suck from's dick.

Attached: 1566930012398.png (225x200, 86.26K)

No. It's really not. And I'm tired of this cope. NOBODY wanted an open world dark souls until fromsoftware fans headcanon'd it into being cool. Everyone who played Souls games thought the open world was trash and bred shit all around.

The souls genre should just fucking die. It's infested too many other games, and it's honestly a shit platform to base mechanics off of.

Attached: 1629227654589.png (512x512, 58.98K)

Its amazing, and I am a huge cynic. It's also pretty rare these days to have a game release day 1 in a complete, functional state with no planned dlc or paid cosmetic bullshit

Its also just jawdroppingly creative and visually interesting, im like 15 hours in and have just stopped in awe to look at a new environment so many times. Caelid for example. The gane makes you feel like this tiny little ant in a monstrous bizarro world

ive always wanted to get into these games but i have neanderthal button disease where i just push buttons harder and harder when shit goes wrong. i literally broke a controller playing spyro 1 by pressing jump button too hard.

what the fuck were they doing for six years?
>Most of the weapons/spells/miracles are pulled straight from Dark Souls and renamed
>Most weapons play exactly the same as they did 10yrs ago
>Ashes of War still feel like a gimmick because they're tied to FP and can't even be smoothly integrated into your usual R1s and R2s
>All that water but no swimming or sailing
>No ledge grab
>No friendly towns or villages for some fucking variety and to breakup the monotony of everything you see is an enemy
>Sped up all the enemies but kept the player as the same old shithead
>Story is a literally retread of Dark Souls almost to a tee
>AI is still the most rudimentary shit
>Shit performance across the board
>Mediocre graphics
>Character creator still fucking sucks
>No interior shadows
>No transformations like in Bloodborne
>MLGS is trash
>Guard counter is a gimmick at best, especially against bosses, same with jumping anything but ground pounds

Attached: 1630274657043.gif (640x636, 2.69M)

>Its also just jawdroppingly creative and visually interesting
Man, from designs are all the same. Which is to say they're all vague homages to berserk.

>what the fuck do you want
gameplay slightly more complex than just roll bro repeated for unironically a hundred bosses

>are there actual valid reasons to dislike this masterpiece?
They can't play it because the Shitch will never run it

nigger it's a fromsoft game, if you are already tired of its clone you are looking in the wrong place.
if anything sekiro already put all its cards on the table, they ain't changing.

Anime boss fights filtered me. For perspective bloodborne is one of my favourite games of all time, and that was the fromsoft game where anime boss fights just started becoming a thing. But this is too much.
>boss spazzes out swinging wildly for 10 seconds
>you get a 1 second window to do 3% damage with a heavy str weapon youre spec'd for
>get hit once you lose 80% hp minimum
>might get 100% to 0% in one hit or combod (2 hits without heal = death 90% of time)
Im bad. I need to git gud.

it's just flat out complacency. They didn't even bother to give this game it's own identity other than the big heckin tree. You could have erased everyone's memory from hearing the words "Elden Ring" and marketed as Dark Souls 4 and NOTHING would change. They know it's another spin off of the same game. They just don't want to brand it as such because it seems lazy. But that's literally what it is

>he wants swimming or sailing
>he wants to have underwater/sailing combat
no thanks

also sea creature scare me

Look, if you like Souls games I get why you might think this is the best game of all time but for everyone who doesn’t get off on glorified boss rushes, even games like Red Dead 2 or BoTW have far more gameplay variety. In Elden Eing you’re either in combat or on riding your horse to go to the next fight.

Yeah, I know it's a from shit game. I'm gonna complain about it. Demon's souls was something special. Dark souls was a great continuation. Now it's just fucking trite.

how the fuck are you supposed to fight Radahn as melee?
I just keep summoning NPCs and attempt to stay behind to attack and apply bleed, but if he randomly decides to sweep behind him then either

a) I die in one hit
b) horse dies in one hit

how the actual fuck are you supposed to do this? I tried being agressive and I just die, tried being patient but NPCs die and then I'm eating all the combos without ever seeing a punish window

I'll give you BOTW, but RDR2 was literally, unironically and truthfully from the bottom of my heard a complete garbage game.

Post your rig. Everyone that says this always has a poorfag build

You obviously need to git gud

it honestly feels like a chore to play through, so much shit that it's actually overwhelming.
that and it feels like it has Sekiro combat but dark souls movement

Attached: 1607706242590.gif (400x224, 2.74M)

>It has sekiro combat

It doesn't. What kind of fucking mega cope is this?

>you’re either in combat or on riding your horse to go to the next fight.
Or platforming.
Or puzzle solving.
Or piecing together the lore.
Or exploring without a guide just to explore.
Or minmaxing/theorycrafting your build.
Or just enjoying the vistas.
You know. Or that stuff.

>I don't like souls games
Then play something else

>In Elden Eing you’re either in combat or on riding your horse to go to the next fight.

Yeah it's called a fucking videogame, have you played one?

yeah bro i feel ya like i have been havin the same problem with monster hunter like what the fuck its always the same shit go kill dinosaur go kill another dinosaur go grind shit like what the fuck fr fr fr

RDR2 would unironically be goat if movement wasn't so sluggish and there wasn't a self important story holding the gameplay back.

>Piecing together souls lore

lmao good luck at piecing together something that doesn't exist

if I wanted to just complain I would've called it a shit encounter, I'm looking for advice

Correct, because Sekiro has good combat

I’ve been away from my capable computer and probably will be for a while sooner.

Should I bite the bullet and buy this game on series X to play it now? I heard pc optimization is shit and I don’t mind playing on console

So was Bloodborne and here we are.

Even without the performance issues it's an incredibly vapid game. Tread at your own risk