Death of mid tier games

Playing through a bunch of decade old games recently has me realizing that the death of mid tier games has been a disaster for the industry. There's a lot of underrated gems that just wouldn't get made anymore because they're not live services or filled with predatory practices.

Pic related. Finished it yesterday, great game.

Attached: 50cent.jpg (800x960, 124.16K)

Mid tier devs can't compete. Now Microsoft bought the notable ones. It's all big corp games or indie games now.

Biomutant and Darksiders 3 were pretty mid.

>Mid tier devs can't compete
I don't think that's the problem. If your budgets are reasonable and the games make a moderate return, then what's wrong?
The problem is why would any publisher fund a product when they can just shit out live service game #35235 and make infinitely more money.

And nobody played them because they were mid. Fags lament muh loss of AA games, but don't actually play them until years later.

I played a lot of AA games at the time, but you can't play them all. Which is why I've been going back and playing the ones I missed recently. Unironically been more enjoyable than the shit released today.

If you haven't played it try Get Even. It's my new favorite game

They're still there. Sakuna, EDF, every Atlus game. You can make an argument that all non-mainline Mario/Zelda Nintendo game is a mid tier game. He'll you can make that same argument for every switch game.

Would you consider SMTV a mid-tier title?

Start posting some

Attached: Inversion_coverart.jpg (295x338, 28.07K)

Attached: 174901830183091.jpg (800x801, 189.69K)

At what point do indie games start to fit into your criteria?

>mfw I saw the price of this game after it became backwards compatible on series x
sold my disc only copy for $110

Attached: 1620277736472.png (728x665, 628.98K)

Never, indie games are chinese tier because they are exclusively knockoffs.

For me it's Shellshock 2. That was a fun few hours.

you still have them and they're still the only thing i actually want to play - but they're less and less by day
right now the only game i actually want to play is mount & blade and it won't be coming out for the next 10 years or so
but i prefer it like this, instead of going full retard like the total war series for example, which were on the same stage before they got big and now it's shit

Anyone have recommendations for AA games that are compatible with the SeX? I also picked up Binary Domain in the last BC sale and it was the best $5 I ever spent.

kane and lynch 2 is great, its pure schizo kino. also for original xbox armed and dangerous is another classic

Why are people that come to a niche forum for autistic freaks so misinformed about games? It's not 2012 anymore, mid tier games are doing just fine.

If you want to be an arrogant faggot at least provide some examples.

Darksiders 3 was more of a weird lurching overreach with the bought-up fragments of THQ Nordic trying to fashion themselves into something cash-positive.