RPG takes place in a fantasy setting

>RPG takes place in a fantasy setting
>its world doesn't have any elves
>or worse: it has """elves""" but they are obviously gnomes

Attached: drunk bugs bunny.png (819x498, 955.02K)

>RPG has elves
>They aren't dark skinned and they canonically, as confirmed by the author, practice shaving their body hair, EVEN their armpit hair
truly suffering

I'm more annoyed when a fantasy world uses elves. Or any Tolkien inspired race. If they use elves but in some unique way, that's fine. But I grow tired of fantasy worlds playing the setting/tropes straight. There's already a million books and games with that. Do something new.

>>or worse: it has """elves""" but they are obviously gnomes
Name 5 examples

>RPG has elves
>they are a poor oppressed race as an allegory for real life racism
Wow! Very subtle and insightful writing!

Attached: merrill.png (390x469, 331.99K)

>Being upset about a game NOT having the extremely tired "orc elf and goblin" spread
I can't even fathom having such irredeemably bad taste

Elves are faggots

Literally this, what the fuck is wrong with OP. I've never seen someone so autistic.

>Fantasy settings
>No non-human races
>When they bother it's usually just tall people with long ears or short people, either of the bearded or pedo variety

Why is Zelda one of the few settings, not just in vidya but in popular media, to have interesting races

Not everything has to be a Tolkien derivative, autist.

Play more Japanese games. There's a lot of them that don't use Tolkien races. And even some that do, but then have original races as well.

Attached: gs3-dupa-01.jpg (533x900, 73.37K)

DA elves are goddamn awful

user...is there soemthing you'd like to share with us about Elves?

Anticipating Nigs of Power, Fromtroon?

And they get worse each fucking game

How could high fantasy be like if Tolkien shit never existed? Would some other franchise become popular and be the norm instead, or would people actually bother to come up with their own thing instead of copying the same crap 90% of the time?

Cool Kobold

The standard for fantasy would have probably become Science Fiction. Which started long before Tolkien existed. And would have exploded during the 1950s thanks to the space race/futurism, as it did in real life.

That's not a Kobold. This is.

Attached: gs3-gau-01.jpg (600x900, 130.53K)

the gnomes part is bullshit but elves as a concept are overused.
Literally never happens. Elves are always mary sues that are perfect and superior to humans in every single way. They are also often times the fantasy equivalent to nazis or the social elite.

Attached: 940172a462164373b29f2dfdc735bbc0.jpg (1647x2500, 292.99K)

elves were short before tolkein

>Literally never happens
Gotta play Dragon Age my dude.
The elves are depicted like some wild combination of blacks, natives and jews, being genocides, and forced to live in ghettos or the forest.

All with beautiful and "white" features mind you.
Fucking hilarious from the company that pretends to be super woke.

In Suikoden and Dragon Quest they're an endangered race that is constantly being attacked by the stronger and more populous humans.

>why doesn't this FANTASY world have over-used generic race???
>I don't want fantasy, i just want more generic tolkien shit!
Why are people like this?