The combat is just too fucking shallow...

The combat is just too fucking shallow. Is there anywhere I can get an interesting weapon that doesn't just have me rolling and poking with R1?
Anything like trick-weapons in bloodborne, I just need some fucking depth to make it somewhat interesting. I honestly think Witcher 3 had more interesting combat than this so far

Attached: elden-ring-limgrave-vista.jpg (1920x1080, 196.93K)

Yeah a trickweapon would be cool. Im not far into the game but you could try halberd with shield, dual wield or a magic combo

>trick weapons
>depth
??? They let you switch between two different flavors of R1 spam, how is that depth?

I mean I am not expecting to pick up a new weapon and the game to suddenly become Bayonetta retard but anything that isn't just spamming R1 and rolling would be preferable

That would be faith, INT or shield build. But Fromsoft drones will say that playing the game that way is not "correct" and "cheating"

the pizza cutter is in

I have played for 42 hours. I have found a grand total of 8 weapons that scale with faith.
>Erdsteel Dagger
>Sword of Night & Flame (int requirement)
>Magma Wyrm's Scalesword
>Treespear
>Golden Halberd
>Reaper
>Winged Scythe
>Cipher Pata (Fist)
Is there a single decent faith weapon in this entire game? Or I guess the better question is is there a single weapon of any kind that comes close to the Bloodhound Sword's power and versatility with its skill?

I'm only 4 hours in and I've been just exploring the overworld but I've got an ash of war that allows for faith scaling and I'm assuming there are more if you look

I've found exactly three of those that grant faith scaling, and two are for shields. The one for weapons just grants them a holy buff. It's a complete waste to put that on anything.

you already listed one retard, cipher pata
there's a sword that does the same thing as cipher too later

>>Magma Wyrm's Scalesword
where was this? I didn't get it from the magma wyrm I killed

I have 15 or so unique weapons, I don't know what you're talking about.
Try using weapon arts and ashes of war, they do pretty good damage and break enemies' stance pretty quickly.

Attached: 1623050304612.webm (1920x1080, 2.75M)

>there's a sword that does the same thing as cipher too later
>later
How much later, exactly? The only place I haven't uncovered is the western section of Altus.

From the other one, of course.
Northern-most section of Liurnia, you can see the mine on the map.

Trick weapons have a lot more versatility than Light Attacks.

Most of what you listed is pretty good.
Also think about using weapons in both hands since they carried over power stance from ds2.

What weapon should I use if I do a faith build?

Unsheathing Katanas are cool

Where to find more eastern gear?

You're asking a guy that who thinks witcher 3 combat was superior.

>Is there anywhere I can get an interesting weapon that doesn't just have me rolling and poking with R1?
Yes

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1223x611, 658.78K)

Learn to parry

>Anything like trick-weapons in bloodborne
Elden Ring isn't some autist weaaboos nightmare dream, it's a real world