Finding games with exceptional writing

So i'd guess it's not controversial to say that pic rel has fine writing, however i found it has it's flaws. Im craving character choice-driven games with truly EXCEPTIONAL writing, can the nice folks over here at Any Forums help me find some?

Attached: Screenshot_791.png (420x452, 457.17K)

read a book.
new vegas doesn't have "fine" writing, it's trash for illiterate simpletons to feel smarter.

if there are games whose writing you like, find out who the writers are, look up other games by them. sawyer and avellone both had other games they worked on.

maan i was trying to be non controversial by not saying "good" or "exceptional by saying fine and still contrarians find a way to suck all the fun out of a game, also of course reading a book is a better option overall but do you have dialogue choice in books like what im looking for?

thanks, might do that :)

visual novels have the best writing among video "games"

most books ever written are garbage. go to barnes & noble and take a look at the bestsellers section, it's almost completely trash, and that's the "good" stuff. as for the classics, it's not like people used to be better writers either, it's just nobody remembers the bad smut written by an 18th century schoolmarm.

game writers are humans the same way book writers are. the main difference between games and books are:
1. books have a longer history, so obviously there's more good shit to look back on
2. the medium's simpler and therefore it's easier to focus on the writing element because that's all there is
3. games have a bad reputation among people who think too highly of themselves, just like movies did at the dawn of film, just like radio did at the dawn of radio. nobody bothers shittalking literature as a medium because it's been around since literally the start of recorded history and everyone's well aware that it runs the range from intellectual to pure entertainment. games have only been around for 20-30 years so they're an easy target for smug retards to shit on without having to actually contribute anything meaningful.

tl;dr your mom blew me last night, shit was so cash

unironically cyberpunk

You know nothing you ESL shitter. NV stands above the bulk of published stories out there simply because it understands what themes are.

That's easy to say when the last thing you read was Dr. Seuss. Forget classical literature, you need Hooked on Phonics if New Vegas outshines an airport paperback in storytelling.

>go to barnes & noble and take a look at the bestsellers section, it's almost completely trash
Exactly where a New Vegas novelization belongs, then.

new vegas is special because of the character choice, if you were putting some story from it into a linear format, of course it would be shit, it seems you're the simpleton as you don't understand how certain narratives work best in certain formats

Disco Elysium maybe

You sound like a wannabe-intellectual faggot OP. Story doesn't belong in video games, and everyone who thinks so is a faggot that probably browses Reddit and has a college degree. Real men play classic Doom and work in trades.

Attached: ifunny_187reddit_999download.png (1106x1012, 557.79K)

t. ifunny poster

>interactivity makes it better
Yes, I love the choose-your-own-adventure segments of Hamlet.

what if i don't wanna be a "real man"?

when did i imply it makes it better? just what i wanna play rn

What can change the nature of a man?

Attached: download.png (239x211, 9.87K)

>this made boomers cum in their pants

oh yes i forgot planescape torment, it's literally at the end of my backlog, gonna move it up :)