Silent hill

Does anyone else mourn the death of this series?

Attached: RIP.jpg (1080x688, 134.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

konami.com/games/silenthill/
konami.com/games/castlevania/eu/en/
silenthill.com/
konami.com/news/en/notice/2021/1215/
metacritic.com/game/pc/silent-hill-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mourned it's death 10 years ago, I've long since moved on.

it died after SH4, I just find it funny that Konami lost the domain. now they either have to pay the person or people who own it or meet their demands

>I just find it funny that Konami lost the domain. now they either have to pay the person or people who own it or meet their demands
What are you talking about? Konami don't use non konami.com websites. That's why the Silent Hill website is here.
konami.com/games/silenthill/
Castlevania:
konami.com/games/castlevania/eu/en/

You won't find a single Konami game with a website outside of the Konami site. Bomberman, Metal Gear, Castlevania, etc. It's been this way for years.

No. I love the old Silent Hills, but the series has been (mostly) dogshit since 3. I'd rather not get new games than keep getting more shit to ruin the series' reputation even further.

Only thing that comes up when I search the domain is
silenthill.com/

Attached: tweet.png (949x272, 47.94K)

no
1 through 4 are masterpieces but everything else varies from "ok" to "shit"
It was only going to get worse

lol is this image real

Go to the link retard

As has already been mentioned, the real SH domain is konami.com/games/silenthill/

If a URL doesn't have www.konami.com in it, it's fake. See konami.com/news/en/notice/2021/1215/

No I mean the pyramid head thing.

Yeah every day.

Can someone walk me though the mindset of franchiseniggers? Like are you super fucking sad you won't get another bad ARPG or what? Just play good games no matter where they come from.

Attached: 81oPUyyTiGL._SL1476_.jpg (1161x1476, 396.31K)

Oh
I'm sorry for calling you a retard

There was a hole here
It's gone now

First 3 kicked ass. That's enough for me :)

Attached: 1643398829003.jpg (2384x3157, 2.58M)

1 and 3 kicked ass. 2 destroyed the series.

yeah that game sucked shit

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.41.04 PM.png (687x342, 98.72K)

No? Why would you be? The best you can hope for are more good horror IPs like it.

This.

Silent Hill 2 is primarily popular with American SH fans, aka 8 year olds with a PS2, and flopped in Japan. It destroyed the lore and world building of the series, and the IP never really recovered from it. Also, those are PS2 reviews. Look up the PC reviews from a year later and notice how people suddenly realized that the game was all build up, no payoff, and the "horror" sucked.
metacritic.com/game/pc/silent-hill-2
Games like SH2 have a completely delusional fanbase that glosses over all the problems that baby's first Lost Highway ripoff has.

What are the issues with SH2 then?

That's because the PC port is garbage, it has nothing to do with the story

2 performed so poorly that they had to do a rush job on 3 in an attempt to win back the fans. That's why it's completely linear and the only part of the actual town you see is a tiny piece recycled from SH2. It's also why they lazily reused the same hospital from 2 instead of remaking Alchemilla, you know, the hospital Alessa actually has a connection to.

Because everything has to be tied to an existing, known IP, especially if it's an old one because old good new bad, and milked for all eternity, according to people who call you a consoomer if you hope for a sequel to an IP with only one entry or own hardware less than 2 generations old.

>2 preformed poorly, so the win back fans, they brought back the map from 2
are you fucking retarded

Here's your website bro.

Attached: s.png (1673x1035, 67.87K)

>its real

Are you? If you're on a tight schedule, reusing assets is a huge time saver. It's like 2 streets and a fade to black when you go to the amusement park, hardly the whole map.

You guys gotta stop thinking about Konami there are plenty of other women out there

Not as much as I am pissed at Capcom for what they did to Resistance

You're claiming the reason they had to re use assets was to rush SH3 due to SH2 being poorly received, but if SH2 was so poorly received, why would they reuse large sections of the map?

SHfags also really, really overestimate how popular these games were. The first 4 only sold around 5 million units total combined.