Shieldchads

This has to be the most retarded thread I've ever seen
Elden Ring is the first time in a while where shields feel great. Even medium shields comfortably block huge boss attacks and you can actually roll cancel out of your own shield stagger animation as a "get out of jail" card.
If you manage your stamina well you can comfortably hit a great balance of blocking and attacking with the occasional roll for a hueg elemental attack, even on non-STR builds. And with guard counters you don't even need parry timing in order to punish enemies who attack on block, including bosses.

How bad are people at this game that they're trying to force an obviously untrue narrative?

Attached: images (11).jpg (190x265, 8.12K)

Blocking depletes 70% of my stamina at every boss attack

Get a better shield.
Yes, 100 Physical block is great and all but sometimes it better to go for the shield that has higher Guard boost instead.
There is also Shield skills you can get to give your shield the ability to Guard better.

This is broken as fuck

Attached: fi7MLZO.png (277x317, 57.75K)

Brass Shield or Eclipse Crest Heater shield are you friends. Brass has amazing stability for it's class although it has the weight to match it. Where as Eclipse heater has insane stability for its weight.
Also learn to only hold block when you need it, if you get good at blocking you can regenerate a lot of stamina in between boss attacks.

Is it? Felt pretty ass to me.

it guard breaks literally everything if all the blades hit.

THE best shield

Attached: 1616346869529.png (200x200, 53.27K)

I agree, there has literally never been a better game to be a shield user. It's better than even DS1 because guard counter makes shields FUN.

How do I get out of caelid bros?

As a sorcery? Not good. As an ash of war? Possibly top tier.

You killed the tortoise you asshole

That's not the Jellyfish shield

you mean dog

>playing for 4 hours
>still have no idea where I'm going or what I'm supposed to be doing

Maybe I'm being filtered but I don't think the open world suits a Souls style game. Dark Souls 1 style honeycombed interconnected world seems to work much better.

Attached: 1547170473534.png (222x343, 170.1K)

honestly the early game is pretty bad, it picks up past the castle

Can you get those from turtles? I just found it lying around on the Morne Ramparts tower.

dark souls was better at everything, 2/3 and shitborne notwithstanding

the only good games from has produced are DS1 and sekiro

Filtered

Using shields is for faggots and women.
> hrrrrrrrr I need protection from big scary monster
Stop being a little bitch and ditch the shield cucksoiboy

How can you not know?
>grace literally points in the direction of your destination
>first npc you meet after tutorial tells you where you need to go

>t. shitposting faggot who has never played a Souls game

Dude shut up I'm a fucking retarded zoomer okay

Can i make the game play more like sekiro with an item?

exept for maybe ds1 shields have always been a bad player cruch that was always worse than two handing
probably guard counter makes them more viable here but I've still been 2handing the greatsword for the past 20 hours and not missing it

>if u not play game with gear I like u bad! BAD!
Faggot

I only used shields on my very first playthrough of DeS/DaS. Feels like a noob crutch so I can't bring myself to use one now.

>muh shield
I bet you’re the same homo that plays horror games with the lights on and plays everything on easy mode.

>goes off on some schizophrenic tangent about a bunch of unrelated shit
Did a shieldchad bang your girlfriend or something?

That’s because it IS a noob crutch. It’s the noob tube of DS. Only cucks and trannies use shields.

Shields aren't a crutch in this game because you can only block the last attack in a boss' string to avoid getting your stamina raped, and the game rewards you offensively for doing so with guard counter.

Why hello there

Attached: 1645082396405.png (348x349, 136.46K)

Holding up a shield trivializes 90% of the game. My biggest regret of my first playthrough

Even bullshit like fighting Radahn on foot, it lets you miss a roll on his combos and recover instead of just dying, as long as you have any ability to manage your stamina

Attached: 1570551026224.jpg (201x299, 11.97K)

Did you just make that drivel up?