What are your thoughts on spirits? Respectable game mechanic or carry for trash players?

What are your thoughts on spirits? Respectable game mechanic or carry for trash players?

Attached: ancestral_follower_ashes_spirits-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png (200x200, 19.69K)

carry for trash players

Bosses feel like they've been crafted around using Ashen summons. Most only really serve as tanks/distractions to give you some decent openings for attacks.

I dont even know how to summon them

Carry of bad players in some cases
Counteracting trash boss design in other cases
>beat boss solo
Cool
>lmao I be game dev and now you fight 2 at once in a smaller arena
Perfectly acceptable to spirit summon lazy ass design

its fucking dumb to complain about people using shit they included in the game and say its not really beating it
same people will argue the developer intended for it to be hard by not including easy mode
they also intended for people to be able to use all the spellcuck shit too
maybe complain the game is too easy instead of complaining people are using what is included by design

Who cares Oleg the knight has carried me through multiple boss battles. That spirit is so damn based

Some of the later bosses are so bad that they're necessary.

Carry for trash players for sure. But that's fine, bad players need them in a game this hard.

Nah.

I like them. I don't like them being the only reward for a boss fight, however. Give me a weapon, or even some gay ass rune/charm too, for fucks sake.

nah dude roll r1 spam is the ONLY way to play

Attached: 47b.jpg (665x574, 28.92K)

If a spirit was some one-of item you could find early in the game that scaled with you, I could see it as a crutch.

But the devs throw a bunch of different ones at you and have a whole system of upgrading and such. They're rewards for beating things. It's clear the devs expect you to use them.

How do you even summon these? Just beat Godfrey, did I miss something

barely use them but you know for sure i'm taking the Skeletal Bandit summon to the fucking moon coz me and him use the same loadout (two curved swords) and i love skeletons

The people who get butthurt about spirits and summons are the same people getting butthurt about the bosses being too hard.

I've beaten several bosses first try, most of the time with the majority of my heals unused. But then there are plenty wherein I'll be effectively be bashing my face into a wall for hours without even being able to get the boss down to half health. Then you beat the motherfucker, and he gives less souls than the ez ones I beat earlier. The games boss design is all over the fucking place, and you can't deny that.

have a billion, dont know how to use them, dont care

at the church bonfire next to tree sentinel a lady will give you them

>teleports behind you
>throws spear through your skull
>leaves
why does he do it, bros?

Attached: lhutel-the-headless-spirit-ashes-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png (200x200, 18.96K)

I've got some of the scrolls but haven't worked out how to use them, I assume its something simple I've missed

Attached: strbuild.jpg (560x511, 23.59K)

see

1v1 bosses it's cheesy
but if you're fighting double watchdogs or pumpkinheads, nothing wrong with summons

and "them" = the item you need to summon the spirits sorry shouldve said that