Eldenbros why are greatswords so bad

Attached: 65946823.jpg (1280x720, 91.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074111270/
eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Chainlink Flail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For the first time, the Zweihander looks savage. Slim, but long and darker steel.

they're for chads. if they were too good it would be bitchmade and un-chadlike. keep using your techinically far superior DEX weapons, nerds, I have a giant fucking sword.

bosses in this game use bloodborne speed while you are playing with ds3 speed. you will have to git gud or use spirits to distract, no shame in that if you're not able to get past a boss

>Free staggers and stun locks on bosess

Noice bait motherfucker

I have 3 copies elden ring just add me and drop a message, first come first served

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074111270/

on weak bosses in side dungeons this is true but it is far harder to argue in favor of str against dex when talking about fast bosses like Margit or Red Wolf of Radagon

thus far most of them were beatable trading damage with 2h charged attacks and chugging estus, waiting for windows is for pussies now

Using this against crucible knight is pure fucking suffering especially in Caelid when he has his life partner attacking you first. Thinking of doing Ranni's quest to get the moonlit greatsword then respeccing to get high INT. Has anyone gotten it yet? Is it good?

on the contrary, ive been playing double greatswords the whole game, the problem is that they fucking stuck

they don't even stagger bosses

bosses in this game make 3 attacks every 2 seconds, and poise is a fucking joke.

Don't play with my feelings user.

I've been running the Carian Knight Sword and it's been pretty great outside of Liurnia obviously. I think Crucible Knight is weak to strike so respec shouldn't be necessary if you just upgrade a mace or a warhammer

Where do you get the Gutts one anyways?

If you use a zweihander, the follow up after a roll is a poke. That's how I beat the guy after learning his moveset of course.

i think i fucked up going pure STR bros. i just got the nightrider flail and i REALLY want to switch to DEX. is there a way to rebalance stats in the later game like there was in DS3?

A wagon in the beginning of Caelid near Rotview Balcony. All those giant wagons you see have weapons in them from what i've found

Yes, without spoiling anything the demigod to the north of Limgrave (not Godrick) allows you to respec after defeating them. You'll also need to find a specific item to give them in order to respec

yes

There's a STR scaling flail you know

Where?

Oh wow, cool
Thanks chief

good to know, thanks. is it repeatable, or just once?

yes where

what is it with japs and grossly oversized weapons? looks stupid

ditched the greatswords for a basic longsword and never looked back. heavy Square Up staggers stuff just fine

they cucked poise AGAIN as if ds3's system of poise was well received. they got it right in the network test but decided to go full retard on release for no reason. bosses also take a lot to stagger so it's more efficient to just jump r2 and then r1 spam at every opportunity with something like a longsword rather than animation lock yourself with a gs or ugs.

I opened like three of those already and I got the flail, a sword, and an axe in the one being pulled by two giants.
I dont remember seeing anymore of those wagons but I guess I will have to look for another now.

I've been using claymore since I found it, with storm stomp you can get free charged r2 on large enemies over and over. I now use dragon spells too. Game's great and I'll beat it with claymore.

Staggering catacombs bosses isn't impressive, if it can't stagger bosses like Margaret, then the stagger is basically useless.

Rare drop from pumpkin heads who wield it.
eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Chainlink Flail

It is repeatable at least several times, no clue if the item is infinitely farmable but I would expect so at least post-game

dont bother with the str flail. its moveset is dogshit and its stats even moreso.

Could I interest you in a Blood-infused Wild Strikes weapon?
You poise through everything and deal a ton of damage

>greatswords
>bad
lmao I actually been thinking about not using the Zweihander anymore due to how easy I been beating bosses with it. Not to mention it makes enemies stagger as well.

repeatable, but item is quite rare. you can find it early on in a cave under on of the golden trees in the beginning if you are in a rush.

Yep, keep going east past Stormhill and you'll start seeing the landscape look weird and corrupted. It's in the beginning of that zone

this

Forgot to add I got it to +15, and I use turtle shell with club +7 for the bosses that are weak to strike

For me, it's the good ol' claymore.

Attached: screenshot.293.png (1920x1080, 3.73M)

wild strikes is only good vs trash and the built in input delay makes controlling when it stops too unreliable to be practical.

>want to use stone hammer to go full Thor with my STR/FTH build
>range is so short that I constantly whiff bosses and can't get in range before they jump around or start another combo
Fucking shit, I don't want to go greatsword or UGS again like every souls game.

I have this problem in these types of games where there are so many cool builds and weapons and I can't stick with one because I get "grass is always greener" syndrome. Started out with Confessor, got to Stormveil and rerolled a Prisoner, now I'm at the second Legacy Dungeon up north and I've rerolled again as an unga bunga str chad. Now I wanna do a bleed build. What do I choose bros

is it really true? are greatswords and by extension other great weapons utter shit? should i abandon all delusions of ambition and just roll int/dex? i got the Dismounter Curved Greatsword. beat Margit after a dozen tries with the Wolves. i just like the way it looks. reminds me of the Murakumo.

Get good faggot, I've cheesed through every single npc invader with it, half-health most bosses so far, and poised through actual invaders to melt them
sounds like you just don't know when to properly use it

The sheathe on the claymore looks so bad I couldn't bring myself to use it. It looked awesome on your back in DS1, but for some reason in this one it's pencil thin and it bugs me. Do I have the auts?

play whatever you find fun. if you're having fun and you are able to beat the bosses you are playing the game correctly

But they can stagger real bosses if you're aggressive enough.