Continuing that FF14 thread from earlier, as a newcomer to MMOs...

Continuing that FF14 thread from earlier, as a newcomer to MMOs, what does FF14 have that other MMOs don't that make it the "best"? I've never played FF14 and all I know is that it's apparently better than PSO2

Attached: FFXIV_2.0_Concept.jpg (640x360, 157.02K)

>all I know is that it's apparently better than PSO2
everything is better than pso2

Attached: sega shitters.png (938x537, 244.36K)

Story. Both the main story and the many side stories are very, very good. If you're not into that kind of thing, FFXIV is not for you. But if you love a good story, you'll love FFXIV. Besides that it's a solid MMO.

How is it a solid mmo? Also dont most mmos have a jampacked lore anyway?

for me:
>pretty decent story that isn't that hard to follow and isn't retconned every expansion
>characters that often make a return and aren't just forgotten after the expansion is over
>daily roulettes so content never gets outdated and you aren't stuck repeating the same current content ad nauseam
>savage content and ultimates for hardcore players, but it isn't that hard to get into, plus the gear for this content is stuff you can get on normal mode, just you get the ability to dye it a different color if you complete savage and you get a new weapon if you complete ultimate
>can be every class there is on one character
>don't have to just change to whatever dps is best right now on logs since enrage timer is around 14 minutes which, personally, I've never seen unless the group is just that bad
>lore is centered around the in-game story, no real outside sources like books (they don't expect you to have played any other FF games, but if you have you may recognize some of the characters and enemies)

They gutted everything that required an ounce of brain power or could be used in a way the devs didn't intend. That's it. It has mass appeal because even the most retarded person can succeed in it and it didn't shit the bed nearly as hard as WoW.

Attached: 1642482853927.png (1936x1210, 430.93K)

Fantastic boss encounters (from fight design to music) and a fuck ton of community features/interaction. As for the lore its much tighter than your average mmo, good consistent use of checkovs gun and all that, theres upfront lore served on a silver platter, and more in-depth lore for the nerds who want to delve deep. What it lacks in replayability it makes up for in sheer scale of content.

Final question. Is the "until level 60" free trial when the enjoyment kicks in? Or is that only afterward when you dump some money? If it doesn't manage to catch my interest during that phase then I might skip out on this game

Heavensward (lvl50-60) was critically acclaimed for a reason. and you get ALL the heavensward and basegame content in the trial, every raid every trial every dungeon etc etc. ARR (1-50) is a slog but has its redeeming features in its endgame content if you are into that. on a side treat pvp as nothing more than a bit of casual fun at most.

ARR is kinda rough to get through just due to it being so long. They cut quite a few quests though just recently so that helps. Think it comes down to personal preference though, friend who got me into the game hated ARR coming out of 1.0 but I thought it was enjoyable.

I will say the caviet to this is that the raw gameplay and design of the pve content takes a significant upturn in stormblood (lvl70) if ARR plays like classic wow and HW is TBC, Stormblood jumps you all the way up to throne of thunder in terms of design.

Yea i liked ARR but the patch quests after it were way better. Is it worth to max all the jobs before I upgrade my account? I'm a poorfag so once i finish the expansions I'm gonna have to unsub.

Attached: 7.jpg (1024x576, 86.71K)

there's a cheaper sub option, but finishing the expansions and unsubbing is a pretty optimal way to play the game, and theres no reason to not play any classes that dont catch your eye.

boy I hope this user never plays 1.0

You can max them all if you want. Every job gets its own side quests in order to gain new abilities, but like the other user said there's no obligation to level them all its more just
>Paladin sounds fun lets try that
>Machinist gets a gun I want to try that
Personally I maxxed them all because of the true end game - glamour which is essentially WoW's transmog system

It's a very comfy game. The music is good, the story is good, customization is good, gameplay (for a tab targetting mmo) is good. There's tons of stuff to unlock, tons of minigames, tons of non combat content, no pressure to rush to endgame, grind daily, or even stay subbed, as things get easier with time and nothing truly "dies". You can play any class on a single character and balance is really good, so you don't have to worry about picking an optimal one and it's really easy to switch between them. The game does a decent job at dripfeeding new players so they don't feel overwhelmed by how much stuff there actually is to do.

It doesn't have anything extraordinary going on for it, but everything it sets out to do, it does well.
>t. 15k+ hours on it

15k hours? How much of there was afk'd?

This. I'm 5k hours in and while i havent done EVERYTHING i cant imagine being able to squeese more than 2k more hours in before turning the game into pure second life.

Don't waste your time on that tranny shit, play actuall good mmo. Lost ark

>Customization is good
Dude come on don't kid yourself.
14 doesn't offer any unique job builds.
There is optimal rotation and BiS and nothing else.
You can't make a DoT Machnist
You can't make a Glass-Canon Paladin
You can't even make a AoE DPS Sage.
It's always just going to stay the same.
The most differences in jobs is going to come from the fucking nerfs that have made certain jobs laughable to main over others.
This is one of my biggest gripes with 14.
It never takes any fuckin risks with it's gameplay.

Looking at that screenshot, the game looks incredibly fun.

Attached: 1572803434816.gif (286x119, 449.07K)