Thoughts on game journos?

Thoughts on game journos?

Attached: Screenshot_20220228-230840.png (1080x1005, 838.12K)

You're special, that's why your twitter screenshot needs a new thread

they suck

Being a game journalist is probably a really easy job. They basically blogpost shitpost/troll opinions and get free clicks from it. I could do hundreds of these for fun.

this just made me think... maybe game journos dont actually suck at games, they just pretend they do so they can make inflammatory articles like this to piss off gaymers and get a lot of clicks. all publicity is good publicity after all

>tfw exploring the entire game and aiming for a 100% run on my first go so I know where practically everything is in future playthroughs
I AM the guide.
And no, I'm not sharing my knowledge with you.

Attached: 1647382057192.png (476x476, 110.59K)

There's literally a walkthrough on fextralife right now

Who unironically gives these retards clicks though? I can't imagine many people actually visit The Verge dot com, and the tweet OP posted has 187 likes. it really makes you wonder how they're even making a profit.

Can I suck your cock?

Every single faggot on here will use fextralife and some jewtuber for their lore and secrets and its already the easiest souls game in the series people were finishing it the day it fucking came out lmao

Played Skyrim before Morrowind, almost shit my pants when I realized a quest outright lied to me to fuck me over but teach me something about how the game works in the process. Never saw it coming, my thoughts about the game had been framed in a certain way by Skyrim that left me unprepared for new things. I think about it a lot, how easy it is to get stuck in a certain framework with games that leaves you open to being blindsided. That's probably how it feels to be a games journalist all the time, just staring at shit blankly all confused because of how many hours of gaming-on-rails you probably have to do. Blitzing through baby's first adventure on easy mode so you can be the first of thousands to write a hacky review article about it, then feeling like you've smacked into a wall the moment you get a little bit of depth and ambiguity.

People that seem to not like videogames yet are made to play and talk about them. I dont care what they have to say about the medium because they simply do not actually like videogames and always approach them as such.
>i dont want to play this, I dont like this genre and I have no interested in the series, but I have to play it because its my job. I wish this game was easier so my job was easier, I dont like how long it is because I have to get the article out whilst its relevant,

Attached: 1637518630921.jpg (700x740, 115.44K)

You might be onto something here. I think you might have just explained the reason why so many open world games feel like Assassins creed. Maybe in a board room meeting somewhere they have a discussion about how familiar the game should feel to make the audience comfortable.
I totally understand being a busy person who just wants to get cozy and mindlessly grind away at a checklist in a new open world and getting comfortable with the mechanics and having that feeling of familiarity is probably important to that.

I don't like it, but I get it. MMOs are like this, online shooters are like this.
Elden Ring is much more of an undertaking because they went with pure, uncompromising artistic vision over accessability.

> Thoughts on game journos?

Attached: E38F0270-0BB1-4D29-A37E-123E25551794.png (1266x1124, 366.03K)

Weren't you guys just sucking their dicks days ago when they were giving Elden Ring 10s and whatnot?

I'm pretty sure it was more of the usual "paid reviews lul" charade.

>Any Forums is one person
Retard

I have no thoughts on journos because The Party does not think of them at all

Does hiring these unskilled journalists work for the industry? I'd think people would get fed up with useless gamers reviewing their games, but I'm out of touch.

>user discovers clickbaiting
But no, they legitimately suck. It all started when moviegames started becoming so popular and all these nongamer gender studies faggots that literally couldnt complete a level in a real game all of the sudden figured they have the competence to write articles on the matter since gameplay became secondary

Yes, game journalists are literally paid to shitpost. If you can consistently make bait threads on Any Forums that hit bump limit, you may have a future in games journalism.

I didn't know getting to bump limit was that hard, I have lot of those under my belt. If you're not joking, I might look into this.