What are some actual, working tips to improve performance in Elden Ring?

No BS "seems to" work "sometimes" for "some people" hacks. Stuff you know and understand -why- it works.

Attached: elden-ring-1.jpg (400x400, 69.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/short-stroking-hdd,2157.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here is one that I personally know that might not be so well known and that is short stroking your hard drive that you have installed the game to. I won't explain it here because all you need to is google it, but it results in faster read and write times on any hard drive because it uses the outer portion of the hard disk.

tomshardware.com/reviews/short-stroking-hdd,2157.html

Attached: C3R5vJLDnHGudAUcERy5Un-970-80.jpg (800x575, 110.87K)

Waiting for them to patch the game, or a modder to fix it. People have been trying everything and the performance issues exist on all hardware, from consoles to the RTX 3090.

Attached: zmxhq3itj1k81.jpg (471x545, 12.94K)

Need content for your YouTube video, user?

Never even crossed my mind, zoomer.

How is performance on PS4 pro?

So you do run a YouTube channel.... good to know.

Nvidia Adaptive v-sync half-refresh works very well for this game. 30 fps lock results in good frame times which is what you want for smoothness.

This won't cure the stutter that comes from the anti-cheat kicking in every so often. Nothing cures that. It's baked into the game until From removes it. I've done extensive testing in the crystal cave where I am 99% sure there's a check right after the site of grace and nothing at all can remove nor does changing any setting.

Attached: FastSync.png (855x794, 54.41K)

Good other than the anti-cheat stutter. Not 60 fps.

The basics for complete n00bs.

>set Windows power plan to maximum performance
>turn off unnecessary background services (google it)
>turn off steam in-game overlay
>overclocking won't kill your GPU
>if your RAM is set up in single channel configuration get more RAM to at least get dual or triple channel config

Elden Ring is CPU intensive so it may turn out nothing short of upgrading your CPU may do much at all.

im away from home and only have access to a ps4 pro right now, wasn't sure if I would be disappointed

works on my machine, lol

Don't use more VRAM than your GPU has on board. Elden Ring uses about 3.1 GB of VRAM on Maximum settings at 1440p in most places I've seen. Use Rivatuner statistics server to have an on-screen display of how much VRAM the game is using. If you have a 3gb or below GPU you may want to turn down some settings (texture quality first) to get under the limit.

If you go over the limit the game won't crash but it will start to use your CPU RAM, or even your SSD/HDD as virtual RAM and that is much, much slower than the GPU VRAM.

Nothing. Wait for patch 1.03.

It's completely fine on the PS4 Pro. Basically the same as PC high setting. PS4 Pro was probably the design target for most of development.

Use Windows 10.
Yeah, there's a patch for Windows 7 and I know you hate 10 and all but it actually isn't that bad if you get LTSC and spend (probably several hours) setting it up to your preferences.

Attached: Windows-10-LTSC.png (1366x768, 250.99K)

Upgrade your GPU driver and you might see a performance increase. Or decrease. Sometimes you have to go back a version for some games to get better performance.

Ride around the overworld rapidly on the horse to let the shader cache render the area and build up, then do your proper exploration. The game runs smoother after the first few hours because it has built up a lot of shaders instead of having to render them.

Play offline.

i bought a gaming laptop 2 years ago for 800 dollars and it runs fine

try upgrading from a potato

If you have an older PC play the pirated version, no joke.

Went ftom low 40fps to locked 50fps high settings on my 980 and 4690k

>just use an expensive new PC and it's fine