For all of its flaws, this was the best 3d sonic game ever made. Yes--better than Adventure 2, Colors, and Generations...

For all of its flaws, this was the best 3d sonic game ever made. Yes--better than Adventure 2, Colors, and Generations. It's ok to disagree with journalists and admit that you liked this game in 2022. The reason why Sonic games are shit now is because everyone bashed Unleashed and praised Generations.

Attached: Sonic_unleashed_boxart (1).jpg (267x373, 22.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EbJ507hDcWQ
youtu.be/7E_ES9ehw5o
youtu.be/aEGvd4BrMGE
youtu.be/cXFanH4Np4Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This.
Had the best gameplay out of all of them.
Great speed and momentum.

It's the best sonic game period. I knew this since day 1 but it was the unpopular opinion. Seems like people are opening their eyes.

this game is hot garbage you sameposting retard

I passed on it for YEARS and finally played it in 2011 since it was bargain bin cheap--still would play it today. The structure and design was pretty good for a Sonic game--even the werehog stages were ok except for Holoska, Adabat, and the trial/error fest that was Eggmanland.

>posters: 4

Kek. Retard.

I thought all the werehog levels were pretty decent actually besides spagonia and shamar. The combat isn't horrible, but levels that are just focused on combat instead of having combat bits between platforming sections are the worst.

This, but with a picture of Heroes instead, and remove that last sentence. Things were looking up after Generations, and things only went to shit because ST fucked around with Lost World.

I say all the time that if werehog was reskinned with Knuckles, and the battlr music was turned off, people would call it the best shit ever made by Sonic Team.

Attached: Knuckles_the_Echidna.png (273x364, 104.92K)

Team Chaotix and Team Rose ruined that game. If they weren't half of the game the maybe you'd be right.

Unleashed is a genuinely good game. Very flawed, but good. Eggmanland is the best sonic stage ever designed

Jungle Joyride, Skyscraper Scamper, Dragon Road, and Rooftop Run all are up there with some of the best Sonic stages.

The only sonic game i played and i loved it

Legit should have been a thing. The game got several updates/patches when the dlc was being rolled out. One of them should have been an option to disable battle music and another should have been you get something if you get all the sun and moon medals. Like a shadow skin for sonic, and a knuckles skin for werehog. FUCK that would have been a great idea

Big Spagonian Tits

Attached: EXjFD-hX0AED2Ak.jpg (1200x675, 144.86K)

True. I unironically think the werehog levels are fun and better than the adventure game playstyles like mech and treasure hunting. Only reason people got so assblasted about the werehog was because the game came out after sonic 06 so it was popular to shit on every sonic game.

Anyway unleashed is a flawed game but I think it's the last sonic game that feels like a complete game that you can't just finish in two hours.

Shit sonic stages
Shit were hog stages

I'd rather play sonic 06

those hips go brazy

I miss it bros. I miss when Sonic devs weren't afraid to kill you for not paying attention

youtu.be/EbJ507hDcWQ

Vs.

youtu.be/7E_ES9ehw5o

Two stage 2s

youtu.be/aEGvd4BrMGE

Vs

youtu.be/cXFanH4Np4Q

>I say all the time that if the battlr music was turned off, people would call it the best shit ever made by Sonic Team.
There thats literally all they had to do to make those level 100% more bearable.

The werehog still wasn't good to actually play.
The real answer is that the Werehog (and it's gameplay) simply shouldn't have been a thing.

>complete game

That's my biggest problem with games after Unleashed. Colors was the least egregious, but used dozens of mediocre stages where 3-5 good stages would have sufficed. Then Generations was a straight line that you only played once because S-ranking was retard proof. I platinumed generations in 7 hours whereas I played Unleashed for 20+ and still couldn't beat some of those fucking hotdog missions.

The stages were too long and repetitive. I think if they just had focus then the game wouldn't have suffered so much. Werehog felt tacked on, but took up way too much game time as it was. The fact that you had to do night stages first for Holoska and the Chinese areas was some textbook retardation.

All of the boost games feel like you're playing a mobile game; they're like Temple Run. They're okay for what they are, but I'd rather they try something more like Adventure for 3D.