What the fuck is with the difficult curve in Elden Ring?

With like 20+ attempts I struggled for so long trying to beat Margit and barely beat him and yet literally only about an hour later I fucking demolished Godrick on my second try. Did anybody else feel that way when they faced them or was it only me.

Attached: Asshole.jpg (1200x800, 146.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yDjFV528oms?t=190
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

From always add in a random try that's easy. Whenever you struggle to beat a boss but then suddenly do or beat a boss first try but next play through you're pulverised? It's because you got the easy try. I'd say random(99).

100% notice this. First fight against Godfrey he did nothing but spam a single attack and it was piss easy to dodge

Lmao, this is top class bait. It's really gonna get people paranoid that they didn't really achieve anything.

Ithink that if they kept the passive poise from the network test it would alleviate a lot of the rought edges in questionable attack hitboxes and combo strings in the game.
I don't know why they keep cucking us with the poise.
If it was in the game ER would be next to DeS and DaS in terms of quality.

Seemingly happened to me with red wolf of radagon and the black knife assassin in the tiny room, and some others. Ass kicked > ass kicked > ass kicked > killed without getting hit. I just stopped playing like a retard.

>was it only me.
no user, you simply got gud

I struggled with Margit and almost everything after that felt easy, like they balanced bosses spamming moves like crazy with them being somewhat squishier than usual

Use summons to distract, break poise with repeated jump r2 attacks, r1 to face when staggered

Attached: 658BD4B7-98DD-46A7-96EC-331085207B40.jpg (1800x900, 119.86K)

sometimes you just get really easy attack patterns

Or the game got easier.

I think that's kind of intentional. They probably made the first proper boss so tricky to push players towards the open world. I mean, the guy barely has any openings, nearly every attack is followed up with a spinning slash where he turns into a blender for a few seconds.

Godrick is pissy easy in comparison. The guy has so many openings where he just sits there for you to beat on him. Even his second phase has moments where you can just wail on him while he blows fire off to the side.

>people keep complaining about margit
>literally beat him my first try

Attached: 1583609430173.jpg (960x960, 121.89K)

>get told Elden Ring isn't just "Dark Souls 4"
>Everything I see about it looks exactly like Dark Souls 4
>I buy it deciding that MAYBE FromSoft made a game as fun as Sekiro and broke away from Dark Souls
>LMAO NOPE ITS DARK SOULS 4 HAHAHA GET FUCKED
>mfw

Attached: bumbino.png (262x245, 6.82K)

It's the crucible knight for me. Margit on try 10, Godrick on try 5 and Crucible Knight... 20 tries and still nothing.

no this is actually fucking true, for some reason Godrick skipped his second phase in the attempt i killed him.

>for some reason Godrick skipped his second phase in the attempt i killed him.
did you inflict rot on him? rot ticking damage doesn't phase him, even if he's below 50% he wont phase until he actually takes an attack

Gratz user, I hope you can do it again

no i didn't, he just sort of skipped through it because he used another ability just as soon as he was about to phase.
in the "2nd" phase he still had the fire in his wind attacks, but everything else was his phase 1 pattern, no dragon arm.

>only at level 10 at Margit with starter gear
>make him lose a third of his health on first try, thinking that its easy to dodge his patterns
>he curbstomps me immediately
Should i explore and level a bit or keep trying until i download his moveset?

That happened to me too when I inflicted enough damage in a when he was nearing the section where he got his hand, so that it completely skipped over it

I brick walled against Margit because I autistically went straight to the castle and fought him until I won. After realizing that was probably stupid, I explored a fair amount before fighting Godrick and curb stomped him.

Wait till you get to Radahn lol

I killed Godrick and Margit after struggling a bit. Then I went to the south area of the map and realized I hadn't done that section and it was noticeably easier than everything else by a huge margin. So the game seems to have an intended path it just doesn't give you any sort of hint other than difficulty which is a poor measure. This was fine in something like Bloodborne where there's only 4-5 places to go at once but it's shit for an open world game.

It's true. This happened to me fighting Orphan after dying for like 3 hours.
youtu.be/yDjFV528oms?t=190

any endgame bros wanna tell me if its worth to respec into a melee/magic build? im sl120 and melee only feels fucking impossible with these last few bosses

Attached: 1637637622675.png (1056x936, 122.93K)

Either come back with better equipment and roflstomp him, or parry him to death. He’s way the fuck too overtuned to be fought normally.