FromSoftware has the resources and talent to make literally any game they want

>FromSoftware has the resources and talent to make literally any game they want
>Instead of being bold and trying something new for a change, they go straight back to what they've done one hundred times before, tweak the names and models, and call it a day

Even if Elden Ring is good (when technical issues aren't fucking you), I still can't help but feel this is just milking the stupid ass formula that Any Forums MUST jerk off all day every day. How many times does it take for someone to be whacked by a giant gribbly monster with a weird name before they get bored and do something else?

Attached: bccfd-16346941084770-1920.jpg (1821x1138, 184.07K)

Don't care. Game of the decade.

stupid thread, play the game

You haven't played Elden Ring.
You can't play Elden Ring.
You can't even afford Elden Ring.
You don't even have the wherewithal to buy a noose and kill yourself, like you should have done prior to starting this thread.

You don’t understand, asset flips and empty open worlds are good when fromsoft does it, you got filtered

It's genius marketing and business sense, but it's killing the video game industry.

why do you care?

>You don't have the right, o, you don't have the right You don't have the right, o, you don't have the right You don't have the right, o, you don't have the right You don't have the right, o, you don't have the right

You wouldn't get bored doing one job over and over again? Fucking automatons.

Fuck up discord cunt

Japanese devs were originally known to rehash harder than anyone. From's not going to change until the sales suffer a sharp drop.

Yeah, I have to agree even if I enjoy the game. I'm not giving a single fucking dollar for another Souls game. They perfected it with ER and should make something new for their next game.

Didn’t care, didn’t read, still a masterpiece that will change the vidya zeitgeist as ocarina of time did

I couldn't disagree more. It finally feels like an actual sequel. They have been making the same game for over ten years and the biggest upset has been fucking jumping sideways in Bloodborne. I have been completely fucking bored with Fromsoft since after Bloodborne and it really feels like they've actually improved the formula for the first time since Demons Souls. I honestly prefer King's Field and Armored Core to souls and I still think this is the best game they've ever made.

They made Sekiro and everyone complained that it wasn't dark souls enough. What the fuck do you want?

>From did nothing new with Elden Ring
Whats actually sad is that some of you faggots actually believe this

Other than the shitty PC optimization, and a couple minor (and sometimes entertaining) visual glitches that don't affect anything of consequence, it's remarkably bug-free. Which is really saying something, coming from the buggy mess that is BOTW

>be fromsoft
>carve your own niche
>literally create a sub genre
>be really good at developing games within your own niche
>”HURRR DURR WHY DON’T DEY MAEK GAEM LIK GTA OR SKRIM OR WITCHER??????!??!?”
Play other games faggot.

It's pretty fun. I think you guys were just expecting some sort of revolution.

how many threads does it take to you stop obsessing over one game and just go play something else?

>be fromsoft
>carve your niche
>master your niche so well that you've almost solved the formula
>opportunity arises to carve new niche and expand repetoire to keep things fresh and keep people excited
>"nah, we're one trick ponies and retards eat this shit up like birthday cake"
>stagnate the industry because that talent refuses to apply its skills in any other way