Samurai thread

Honorabu warriors, have you changed "upgraded" to gaijin weapons yet, or have you remained true to your origins?
>swapped starting shield for gilded small shield
>armor, uchi, longbow haven't left my equip slots once
>learned longbow has a jump attack that usually hit the head, so I'm genichiro now

Attached: Elden-Ring-Samurai.png (270x399, 155.59K)

Swapped the shield of course, but the Uchi is OP as fuck. The Unsheath ash of war chunks enemies, even late game.

Has the Thunderbolt Ash of War been removed or something? I can't find it anywhere.

Any medium shields that fits aesthetically?

>Found the way to alter the garment
>Found another uchi and upgraded
>Found the turtle shell
>increase equip load to equip all and bow

I'm always a max str heavy armor weapon shield build but I haven't been bothered to farm a set and the dual uchi feel too good to drop for big sword sometimes.

I upgraded to dual uchigatanas, fucker.
Come at me, I'll make sushi out of you.

Unfortunately not.

I don't have any other katanas atm, but Uchigatana and Unsheathe have become a core part of phase 2s for me. I beat Godrick's first half with regular 2-hit swings and the second half with Unsheathe and 1 flask charge. I think I'm gonna keep upgrading it and just focus on that. I did get a cool flail from being a a Night's Cavalry and I almost have enough Dex for it so I might try it. I don't use my shield much, mostly dodging and two-handing the sword.

Where can I find [4] upgrade materials? I have enough of [5] and [6] but [4] is severely lacking so my Uchi is stuck at +11 in late game.

>unsheathe r2 trashes most enemies, high stagger value
>causes bleed
>good moveset
>also starts with the best early game bow
Samurai is busted

I realised this way, WAY too late but you can use Unsheathe while 1-handing the Uchi. I kept switching over to 2-handing it just to use it and then back to shield. I felt like such an idiot. The damage is the same whether you 1-hand or 2-hand Unsheathe it, too.

Anyone else playing playing with the Nagakiba instead of uchi? It's a bit slower but has way better range and honestly just feels busted.

I fucking love this thing. I might just start farming the claw eagles so I can have a bunch of storm arrows in reserve. Mighty Shot hits harder than Greatbows did in previous FROMshits.

Attached: longbow__weapons-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png (200x200, 3.55K)

was tempted to try this class, but I know if I do I will commit to the katana, and I want to experiment with other weapon types and magic

I didn't play for long, just beaten Margit, with starting katana +2 and... It was tough, damage is pretty low, unsheathe was helpful but I still needed a ton of tries

now, I can imagine having 2 katanas could be pretty dope? what weapon you guys suggest on my left hand?

Use Nagakiba, nigga. It's unironically the best katana. You get it from killing Bloody Finger Hunter Yura.

I hope they have some cool eastern esque armor so samuraichads are not stuck with the beginner armor for the entire game.

Attached: 1616077973692.png (626x510, 193.15K)

Samurai is so fucking cool but I couldn't break away from my knight fetish sorry guys

>what weapon you guys suggest on my left hand?
I got a weapon you can hold in your left hand. You can unsheathe it if you like.

Sadly there are only two: The one you start out with and the White Reed Set.

I would never abandon the weapons from the land of reeds. Found another katana and am now a dual wield bleed monster and need twice as many upgradebux. Also found a nice katana on a stick i might use instead

They should’ve fully embraced nioh 2 autism and let you swap any armor appearance.

>using samurai in what is obviously meant to be a european fantasy setting

it ruins my immersion desu

What's the Katana called?