Why is Any Forums like this?

why is Any Forums like this?
its time to acknowledge the fromsoft bonus

Attached: New Project.jpg (1100x1200, 444.04K)

First game is by Nintendo and the other one isn't. Simple, dumby.

Epic rage comic. The imaginary strawman has been destroyed now.

>The imaginary strawman has been destroyed now.
you have most of the board agreeing that the open world is shitty and pointless but they still like it because it has the same shitty souls combat as the other games

People keep complaining about how open world games are a meme and don't provide meaningful content beyond ubisoft towers, bandit camps, and collectables, and then Elden Ring doesn't even provide that, instead opting for a dreadfully empty world that would've done much better as a pseudo-linear experience like all other Soulsborne titles. The unironically worst part of ER is its open world. The rest is perfectly fine and serviceable, but the world is so fucking dull and empty.

BOTW is a shallow amount of content spread far too thin over a vast continent.

Elden Ring, every location is unique with hand crafted ruins and treasures. Plenty of enemy variety that isnt just bokoblin color palettes or remixed shrines.

I also personally hated the setting of BOTW with the Impa technology.

>dreadfully empty world
dumb nigger. you cant walk 100 feet in any direction without a unique encounter.

>People keep complaining about how open world games are a meme and don't provide meaningful content beyond ubisoft towers, bandit camps, and collectables, and then Elden Ring doesn't even provide that
...good? We dont want that. Thats a formula designed to make game dev easier while providing a worse product to the player.

Attached: cry.jpg (700x913, 109.33K)

sage for wojak shit

wow theres fuck all to interact with but at least I found a cool easter egg goys!

>dumb nigger. you cant walk 100 feet in any direction without a unique encounter
Observably false. The overworld is fucking boring. It provides nothing that the old formula didn't, except scatter its setpieces across a vast, dull landscape.

>...good? We dont want that
And apparently you also don't want any sort of content to justify the open world. Nothing about ER invites you to explore, you lose nothing by beelining the story setpieces.

I hate the wojak shit but it’s really true. I can’t believe how many people on both Any Forums and off who have just dog me for years for liking ubishit open world games just absolutely loose their shit by how much they love the open world in Elden Ring.

Don’t even respond to anons like that, they just deny and deny that there is a hive mind no matter what.

Probably because I'm Elden Ring, the combat doesn't involve the player's weapon breaking and then grabbing 1 of the 20 Swords that are all the same Sword out of a magic pocket to continue swinging the same said Sword some more.

There are so many other open world games that doesn’t have a degradation system and Any Forums as a whole shits on all them too for “open world”

I just found an underground city with a puzzle to fight a giant moose boss. Theres a secret
teleport leading to an undead dragonkin horse fight in a higher area of the city.

Later I went to a ruins with giant hand creatures I had to run past. When I got to the upper parts of the ruins, ghosts came out to fight me and I fought a huge horse riding ghost boss. After that I found a little area with witches towers that I cant seem to enter yet, guarded by a dragon.

Thats a fun hand crafted world to explore. Theres been countless experiences like that since I started playing. You cant just bullshit if you never even played the game, retard.

>Elden Ring, every location is unique with hand crafted ruins and treasures. Plenty of enemy variety that isnt just bokoblin color palettes or remixed shrines.
ahahahahahahaha okay retard

Walked in on my gf playing Elden ring so many time and just think oh she is still stuck on the same boss cause she is in the same area to find out t she is 6 bosses further and it a whole new area that just unlocked…

>Observably false
So you literally didnt even play the game. Why did I know that was the case even before you admitted it? Opinion discarded, edgelord.

I actually played both games, and my IQ is over 100 unlike you faggot.

>didnt play it, has an opinion on it.
Got it.
Also your low iq pattern matching ability isnt indicative of bad game design. Bet you put the square peg in the round hole too.

Wut, are you a retard?

>the intelligence of your average "i hate fromsoft because its popular" poster

isn't this sort of peripheral to video games

1) v isn't one person
2) i thought you hated gaming review sites so why are you constantly bringing them up

i feel like a lot of you just come here to be angry

Where did I ever say I hate from software.

Any Forums is shitting on this game plenty if you read everything and not just shit that triggers you.

>redditjak

Attached: overusedmemepissingonoverusedmeme.gif (560x545, 56.04K)

Zelda was never good

@590421601
s**e goes in all fields
No (You) for you.