What killed the hype?

What killed the hype?

Attached: FFXIV_Endwalker-1.png (1280x640, 185.47K)

Everyone has finished the story by now.

Everyone played it already and moved on to other things until 6.1 comes out

Which is allowed.

there was no hype
you fell for the astroturf

if you haven't finished endwalker's story by now that's actually impressive

The game itself; its pretty mediocre. People either tried it and determined it wasn't for them, or they completed the content and moved on.

6.1 was supposed to have some side content that could give people a nice get-away in the form of an Island Sanctuary.
They pushed it back to 6.2 and they're probably pushing it back to 6.3 prior to 6.2 knowing square enix.
The model for this game takes ZERO risk.
That's boring as fuck, so either you like the game for what it is and what LITTLE it offers in the way of player interaction, or you don't.
The game is casualized each expansion, to make matters worse.
They plan on adding a "Metaverse" to FF14.
They said they wouldn't add NFTs but again used that as an excuse to force another pile of shit on top of the players and they will eat it up like it's raining cake.
You either do the story and you're done now, you're doing the new hard content and after that you just fuck off.
That's how majority of players see this game, not as an MMO.
They're doubling down on the single-player JRPG element, too.
What a fucking let down, but you're fucked if you couldn't see it coming.

the hype reached a proper conclusion dummy
we finished the game, we talked about the game, we had endless arguments about whether Venat was justified, now we're waiting for patch 6.1

Attached: 1640824748715.jpg (1438x2778, 139.67K)

the cultists shilling the subpar 500 hour long visual novel with cardboard cutout animations only to be rewarded with no content

>That's how majority of players see this game, not as an MMO.
>They're doubling down on the single-player JRPG element, too.
And that's a good thing. MMOs are a cancer. Final Fantasy should never have been an MMO.

Why the fuck would you pay a monthly subscription to play through a linear story that offers you no freedom in the way of choice?
You literally play through it once and that's it.
Why make an MMO for the sole purpose of being a JRPG? Only a fucking jap would think of this shit.
They should pop out more fights and actual content at a faster rate, too, but they don't because since 1.0 they wouldn't dare try something new and exciting that takes a fucking risk. They'll always just shit out the same format and linear bullshit with no change in course.
That's just boring, man.
but if you don't like what I'm saying then just call me a wowfag or something, I only played 14 for 5 fucking years hoping they actually do something different each expansion.

Patch 9.2 was too successful.

Still there, working for my Amaro, taking way longer than expected but I only need 5 more jobs and I will be free.

Attached: cover2.jpg (1137x640, 142.61K)

I do it to play with my early childhood friends, I live far away so that's the only way for me to play with the 5 of them on a weekly basis, doing some grindan here, a roulette here with banter and laughs.

>Why the fuck would you pay a monthly subscription to play through a linear story that offers you no freedom in the way of choice?
>You literally play through it once and that's it.
I pay a "monthly" subscription once every 4 months at best. I regard it like buying miniature expansion packs.

The only thing worse than sticking with something boring is expecting it to become something it isn't.
The reality is, user, MMOs are shit. They will never not be shit.

You are either in a safe padded sterilized environment like FF14 where the most organic player interaction is ERP and griefing, or you're in a sandbox anarchy shithole that plays like fucking ass with a budget and playerbase for ants.

The only fun you're having is in a different genre.

Venat was justified though, I thought that was obvious.

It's a story-focused MMO. People finished the story. All that's left is gearing up and doing savage content, which people have likely finished by this point or were never going to do anyway. I get MMOs are supposed to have this endless longevity, but the hype "died" in the same way it dies for any story-focused game these days. People finish it, and generally move on to the next thing. Which honestly, I much prefer that to just constantly farming shit or doing endless dailies/weeklies to justify a continued subscription.

People got the experience they wanted out of it and now are waiting till more content drops.

I WANT TO FUCK RYNE

>That reward for getting every job to level 90

Fucking dumbass feather duster on your head. Not even dyeable for crying out loud. You got a full on mount of an animal notable in the main story, but here you get three feathers plopped on your head for getting things to cap. Fucking lame.

literally nothing to do unless you're a shitter that's still doing savage past week 8-9

I WANT TO MAKE RYNE RIM ME BEFORE I ABSOLUTELY ANNIHILATE HER MOUTHCUNNY WITH MY COCK

Yeah it's gay. Should have been a Shinryu mount.

This "hat" deflated my joy of finishing the jobs so hard.

Attached: 1625297720476.jpg (1242x1244, 140.56K)

Literally the only reason i dont hate it is because my character specifically has them Hannish aesthetics going for her, i can imagine otherwise it is a complete and utter dissapointment.

Attached: BkWGQNr[1].png (1920x1080, 2.67M)