I honestly feel bad for Miyazaki

Every single time he has to answer the same fucking question about difficulty levels, do you think he will cave at some point? I wouldn't even blame him desu, he must be tired.

Attached: 15566515610.png (698x543, 585.5K)

Games journalism is full of retards and click bait chasers, for these reasons he will always be asked the same stupid question.

Maybe he should stop remaking the same game if he wants to answer different question.

Why not just add cheat codes? Core fans will get to keep their unfiltered Miyazaki experience, while casuals get a way to "enjoy" the game in a way that doesn't group them with people who legitimately played it.

People who like challenging games, play them.
People who like easy games, play them.
Only journalists cannot choose, so they complain about game being too easy or too hard.

>Difficult

It doesnt hold your hand and place neon signs on the bosses and enemies telling you exactly what to do so therefor its DIFFICULT

modern gamers are pathetic

its only as difficult as you make it
be braindead it sgonna be difficult
play with a playstyle that doesnt suit you its gonna be difficult

>extreme difficulty
>i haven't had to try more than 4-5 times on any boss, and that was margit when i was dramatically underleveled
What did he mean by this?

Also forgot to mention, I'm playing with
>no magic
>no summons
>no horse combat
>melee strictly
>no ranged ashes of war
>no spirit summons
>no minmaxing vitality
>no guide

Based Miyazaki. Souls games are fun precisely because it is difficult and challenging. If he caved into the usual western philosophy of making games "more accessible" to the point of banality, sales of souls games would decrease. Big publishers can afford to shovel out dozens of average nothing-special titles every year and still make money.

Just how hollywood can produce woke trash that might not break any box-office records but will still net them healthy profits.

>do you think he will cave at some point?
Nah, the games sells too much nowadays and From soft itself doesn't really care, they not caring since 1994.

Attached: 1632327287651.webm (640x480, 2.95M)

If I were in his position, I'd be incentivized to make it harder for the next game to filter more people. If people want to be challenged, I'll challenge them till they are way past their limit.

>play with a playstyle that doesnt suit you its gonna be difficult
what if i want to play a knight in heavy armor with a big sword chopping up fools? the game doesn't allow for that, especially in the beginning. that's why journalists say it's "punishingly difficult", every other game with melee combat allows you to play however you want and if you're having a hard time you can turn down the difficulty. that's the bare minimum expected by 99% of the gaming audience. play however you want, succeed and have fun.

I'd say just let them have easy mode, would barely qualify as extra work for the dev team, just tone down damage multipliers and voilĂ .

But there is an easy mode, it's called summoning. I can imagine there are shitters that can't do a boss with 3 fucking people they are too used to modern I win games.

>what if i want to play a knight in heavy armor with a big sword chopping up fools? the game doesn't allow for that, especially in the beginning.
worked for me? just pump some vigor for your first levels.

>game franchise is hyped to hell and back about its "brutal, soul crushing, hair pulling, controller-breaking difficulty", rife with exaggerations exclaimed by shitters, propagated by journalists
>this shapes the average normalfag's entire perception of these games
>they buy it anyway
>they buy it full price on day one
>'it too hard'
Fucktarded

no, you don't understand. when you pick up a sword in skyrim you can just start hacking dudes to pieces, that's what, i assume, they expect. for instance that first dungeon with the cat boss at the end is probably still part of the tutorial, right? those little goblin faggots can easily swarm you and then you're toast. except for games that notoriously difficult, can you name other games that do that? or the ruin with the soldiers, if the trumpet dude sounds the alarm you face nearly the whole camp and even if you manage to kill the regular dudes the spear guys will turn you to kebab not to mention the captain. all that in the first 2-3 hours when you're still learning the controls and mechanics. that is unusually difficult for a mainstream game.

What is the recommended level for Margaret?
t. Brand new
I tried fighting him without levelling at all and didn't make much progress.
Killed the tree sentinel, beastman of farum azula, and the grave warden duelist. Also the soldier of godrick but doesn't really count desu

I've never really understood his take - are FromSoft games the only difficult games ever made? Do difficulty sliders ruin, for instance, an RTS campaign?

Kek outside of the grave warden duelist boss room I saw appraised messages about what summons they recommended and that got me nervous because it's my first game of this type but once you get his moveset down he's very easy. I am not good at videogames but sometimes I think the average person is somehow even worse.

>trumpet blows
>run
>lol they have short memories

Yeah, he has to give a le correct answer to not fuck Namco/From. He sadly can't just tell to fuck off and not play it lmao

Why not just play games that you cripples can actually deal with?
>NooOoooooOOO It's popular right now so I MUST consoom it! I can't go against the mainstream like a knee-o-nut-say incel CHUD but also if you like difficult games you're a knee-o-nut-say incel CHUD!

Attached: 1644171061134.jpg (1600x900, 132.15K)

The glintblades or whatever are hilarious. The shitty DS3 AI all the humanoid bosses are programmed with don't know how to deal with it at all, they just dodge/block on reaction and then eat damage like five seconds later.

Attached: jade-goblin-enemy-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg (300x169, 8.03K)

him "caving" would hurt the studio and their sales more than not. These games are only successful because of their dedicated fans, not chasing normie fotm trends

Imagine horror movies being forced to be black comedies because playing the genre straight could potentially trigger a small subset of people with traumatic experiences. And then you realize why everyone complaining about difficulty in video games is retarded. No other medium has to deal with this shit.

Attached: 1582103085756.png (333x344, 173.85K)

Around 20 with +2 weapon

>extreme diffulty
it feels just right, makes the victories and new skills much more rewarding. Journalistfags are just mad that they couldn't play through the whole game in one day

why don't they just not play the game? it's not like there's some fleshed out complex story they need to see the end of, the difficulty basically IS the game. if they don't like how the core of the game is, why don't they go and play something else?

Nah, he is a succesful nip. If anything he will ending up doubling down on it to spite them.

you have a point i have to admit

He's already been doubling down. This conversation happened during the Demon's Souls era. Then it happened again in the Dark Souls era. Then it happened yet again during the Bloodborne era. And then the same fucking conversation in the Sekiro era. This conversation about fromsoft games needing an easy mode has been so consistent that I have to wonder if they are doing it themselves. From is not going to add an easy mode to their game. You technically already have it with the ability to summon other players who can do the work for you. Other than that these games maintain a specific level of difficulty in spite of the constant journalists complaints assuming this outrage isn't manufactured.

>elden ring
>extreme difficulty

literal summons on command to distract the boss and let you mindlessly hit its back until it's half dead

Attached: 1547735305664.png (750x924, 646.52K)

>Extreme difficulty

Attached: Elden Ring Tree Sentinel cheese.webm (800x450, 2.89M)

just went to margit after 30 hours of exploration at lvl 41 with flail +9 and oneshotted him
AMA

>the difficulty basically IS the game
Fighting games are hard and have a larger execution barrier and they have easy modes as well. Why not dark souls?

Thanks, I'm at 18 rn and I'm thinking of investing in the starter halberd.

Are you having fun?

wow thats look like a lot of fun!

Exactly right. Hope their refunds get denied

Attached: 075282AF-60BB-427B-82A7-548D03C1768C.gif (628x400, 1.27M)

Lmao this board is filled with pretentious faggots. Having a easier mode wouldn't affect you chuds, plus it would help From cater to new publics.

i had fun exploring and leveling instead of wasting my time on bashing my head against the wall called magrit while wearing starting gear so yes

>it would help From cater to new publics.
this is such a fallacy