Gamefreak is laz-

>gamefreak is laz-

Attached: 1646020038860.png (586x561, 364.12K)

>-y as fuck

>new models
I guess that confirms it'll be a shitty limited dex then

ah fuck they learned how to do bump mapping, move over, Crisis, there's a new pc killer on the block.

this is like when animal crossing added details like fur to villagers lol after 20 years

Cute

Attached: 1645200100443.jpg (3000x4000, 661.81K)

GF isn't lazy
GF is smart for realizing their cultist fanbase will eat up anything as long as it has Pokémon in the title

Attached: 1639083268724.jpg (2816x2112, 1.24M)

>No where's muh 6 gorrilion pokemon

My cute hebe wife

Wow, they did something they should have done like 10 years ago.
Can't stop these guys.

>retard doesn't know how to do a proper before/after picture

wtf i love Nintendo now

>I NEED MY GIRAFARIG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

>defaults to giraffe after stantler got love in the new games
kek. never change yawnfag

Attached: lel.png (382x640, 372.96K)

New textures
Models and animation look the same

>New textures
Not even a whole texture set. Its just new normalmaps and some fake PBR

Maybe it's just the crop but the Seviper's body looks way different, like longer/less squashed together.

when seviper moves it stretches in and out

-y
This kind of shit should have been done about 2-3 gens ago

Aren't these textures ripped from pokemon snap?

you can clearly see that Larvitar and Seviper's eyes are now part of the model instead of painted on.
It's way more obvious with Magnemite, before the eye and heads of the screws were flat textures, now they're modeled in.

Attached: 1632863701618.jpg (780x438, 42.23K)

meant for
whoops

Apparently no one has a good image of seviper in Snap but from what I can tell, no

They were modeled even on the 3ds era
They've been tweaking the same models for years

Attached: 13579.png (750x650, 645.09K)

Its been 3 years, user. Its time to let it go. They're not going to bring national dex back.

Huh, never noticed that, my bad.
Still, point stands. There was also Stonjourner have a proper mouth and eyes compared to it's SwSh model (aka not even 3 years old at this point), too.

What I wonder is, how were they able to model every single Pokemon back in the 3DS days, with more limitations and most likely less budget, but they haven't been able to do that task again for a proper update? With all the money they have, you'd think they'd just have a very large team dedicated to modelling and animating everything in not much time.

user discovers normal maps
pic related, it's you

Attached: 1615000856700.jpg (933x632, 48.42K)

>fake PBR
user...

It's weird seeing this image without the sensitive content warning

user, normal maps don't create actual indentations into models. I don't even know why you're trying to act all smug about this when they just did the same exact thing in PLA with modeling every Pokemon's eyes and mouths, so it follows that they'd do the same with the "big" release of the year.

>new textures which now make all the official art wrong as we head further and further towards pokemon should look realistic territory that western fans want
fuck all you
>inb4 autist
litterally everyone is asking gamefreak to make the pokemon more realistic now thanks to these images

No there have actually been alterations to the models themselves. The purple part of Seviper's face sticks out further than teh yellow bit beneath it and Pokemon like Vulpix have modeled eyes in PLA and not just stickers like in the 3DS games and SS.
They are still using the same basic model but the models themselves aren't really that bad, it's the soulless animations that make everything look so bad