First real boss in the game

>first real boss in the game
>moveset designed to rollcatch the player
>4+ attack combos, sometimes after what looks like a final blow
No way he thought this was good design, right?

Attached: 1646081280461.jpg (186x271, 13.11K)

First time playing a miyazaki game mate? This is why people who've been with the games since 09 are sick of them

If they have been playing them since '09 then rollchecking and combos shouldn't be a roadblock unless they have poor adaptability

Bad game design is when you get punished for panic spamming the iframe button

No listen it isn't "rollcatching" It's delayed attacking and the retard jap decided in ds3 that he was gonna have ten thousand invincibility frames and have them go a quarter mile so to compensate they made all bosses delay their massive wide reaching hitboxes and the ones that don't cause massive shockwaves. The fix is really really simple you had these too games called Demon's Souls and Dark Souls where the amount of invincibility on the rolls was reasonable so you didn't have to compensate with retarded ass moves. Why fix something that wasn't broke.

I summoned the magic man and jellyfish for Margit

I won't apologize.

Attached: 1642915099795.jpg (1440x1080, 318.45K)

>First main boss of the game
>Delayed attacks
>Attacks with variable delay
>Fake-outs
>Attacks with the same wind-up but completely different follow-through
>On a fucking bridge that he can't fall off of but you can

He really is legtitimately too hard for a first boss.
He's clearly the first "skillcheck" boss in the game, like the belltower Gargoyles, Father Gascoigne, or the Abyss Watchers, so he's "allowed" to be more difficult, but even then, holy shit man

It took me north of 20 tries to finally kill him at level 23, and it took me three tries to kill Godrick. That's most definitely backwards

Filtered (and this includes me too)
I think the start is a really good design choice, the tutorial "boss" is the one from the cave at the start of the game, that one is the easy one. It is good that he placed the Tree Sentinel at the start, teaches faggots that it's an open world and you should just skip things and come back to it later when you are ready, and it's good that the first main boss is complex so it forces you to not just mindless spam rolls or facetank by blocking right at the start of the game. It's better to do it like that because the previous games would be generous and let you get away with very lazy fighting all the time

The problem I have is how huge his melee damage radius is compared to the size of the arena

Hes hard so you are naturally encouraged to explore the area. You should explore the right half of limgrave and the southern island. At that point he is a reasonable boss to beat.

You’re supposed to stop panic rolling and only do so when he actually launches the attack. I learned this and you know what? The combos are no worse than dancer of L’Oréal valley.

except I first tried dancer but had to use cheat engine to beat margit.

Attached: sneedOS.png (568x471, 10.98K)

That’s, sad. I died against the mf like 12 times but eventually beat him one on one.

just use the fucking summons its like cheating but legally

You cheated not just the game but yourself.

he was sick of brainlets like Hbomberguy claiming that le based devs want you to play the game with one specific style

wait till you get to this malenia bitch, i genuinely dont know how this is beatable without exploits

Attached: tumblr_f744a77af6af7aada619e06962293cef_00291817_540.png (540x406, 142.59K)

this is how I feel about crucible knight. legit unfair fight.

>find the magic key to enter the locked down magical academy
>expect a cool place to explore, maybe with a couple puzzles; basically the Duke's Archives
>first fog gate
>"oh boy wonder what kind of mage it is"
>yet another schizophrenic ninja flipping anime boss in a giant empty room
You'd think having EIGHTY-THREE bosses, they'd try out some weird experimental shit on some of them like they used to in Demon's or Dark Souls. But everything is a Gael retread. Fuck.

I believe he tried to teach the players the hard way to use their fucking tools, like shields, magic and summons.
When you take a closer look at many bosses, a lot of them are suspectible to specific ways of fighting, some can be easily blocked forever, some are vulnerable to ranged combat, some can be parried often, some are easier when you're mounted etc. Miyazaki tries to tell you that this is how you should play this fucking game and not some easy mode. And if it isn't enough, have the Meteor Man Radahn, good luck with that one, pal.

Attached: 1606589420489.jpg (400x400, 34.32K)

The problem is that this is a Souls game, the first expectation of a Souls game is "he's too hard? git gud"

its a computer game, faggot

Attached: file.png (1024x700, 816.21K)

And yet he gives you

>NPC summon
>COOP summon
>item summon
>item to weaken Margit

THREE FUCKING WAYS TO AMKE HIM EASIER and then on top of that, you can also powerfarm and literally go to endgame areas.

He gives you EVERYTHING to cheese him.

it's literally open world just come back later

ive died to radahn about 6 times now. I think i can beat him but i just hate his style of fighting so im putting it off for now

Crucible Knight is my favorite boss so far, such cook aestethics and moveset