Low quality funny maymay game is more esteemed and makes more money than a quality game with thought and effort put...

>low quality funny maymay game is more esteemed and makes more money than a quality game with thought and effort put into it

What are some examples of this?

I know stuff like amongus beat a unique game like fall guys despite just being a low quality space mafia. I know fall guys had bugs but even then amongus just won out. Stuff like pokemon sells despite being low quality but then again it's based an an amazing concept and has nostalgia behind it.

Attached: file.png (497x529, 271.86K)

giving retards and children consolation prizes has been a detriment to society

Realism requires so much skill, but is so fucking boring.

soul vs soulless

Undertale vs LISA

Baldi's basic, goat simulator or any similar e-celeb stream/youtube video-worthy schlock

Maybe all the "thought and effort put into it" was a waste in the first place.

Attached: 1626767717424.jpg (648x486, 52.94K)

Why is this in spangloid?

this, the amogus dog on the left is much more interesting

Some refuse to talk the language of the beasts.

Dog on the left looks like the dog. Dog on the right is just someone drawing a nice picture of a dog

That's the attitude that makes the world a worse place to live for everyone. The real waste is in humoring the people that put no value in thought and effort.

Attached: 1603159798043.jpg (1776x2730, 882.59K)

No, the one on the right definitely looks more like the dog, just from a different angel. The one on the left gets the facial proporitons wrong, the body is wrong, it's lacking teeth and a tongue, lacking ears, lacking a neck. It doesn't even look like a dog, it looks like some kind of gimmick tent with a cartoon face scribbled on.

Stupid contrarian faggot election tourist nigger wastes of space

it's admirable that some artists can draw stuff that looks realistic, but the end result is just a shittier imitation of real life

You have no idea what you're talking about. Learning to draw from realism is the foundation of all quality art, it has infinite applications. Unprincipled scribblings may have their charm, but they no tangible applications nor beauty, the only reason to praise them is to encourage a child who's interested in learning how to draw properly.
To discount the merits of learning the principles of art is the very definition of being a degenerate. A "math is racist" tier degenerate.

Attached: 08.jpg (563x676, 83.99K)

Just like Media adding niggers in everything

classical technique is a meme born out of necessity that was rightfully phased out by photography and CAD, and its only modern significance is being a filter for aspiring artists without discipline and a litmus test for pseuds who can only think about formal aspects

>projecting that hard

didn't the left one win because it was by an e-celeb and his fans boosted it

Being just bad enough but still usable so that it is funny and entertaining is an art form in itself. It is easier to do run of the mill good quality that is the norm than to make a bad product that still manages to spark joy in its user.
The second place is like Horizon 2, while the first place is like space station 13.

based and redpilled
imitating reality is just that, an imitation

Theres hundreds of indie games with "high quality" pixel art that ends up looking like soulless boring garbage straight from the front page of /r/pixelart. Its really bizarre to see these people cultivate so much skill but never any taste. When I look at games like this vs Undertale's literal mspaint and ZUN's terribly endearing anatomy, I start to feel like Picasso might've been on to something.
People who feel the need for some kind of strict "standards" in art are just embarrassed to be making art, without a qualitative measure they will be insecure about whether or not their art is good enough.

Attached: 1625726318399.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

No, you need to understand the principles of art if you want to fully express your creative vision, and create something that speaks to your creative mind.
I realize I'm being baited, so 8/10 got me to respond thrice.

What game is that? Looks cool.

>it's another midwits thinks more effort put into something automatically makes it more interesting and deserving of praise episode

>you need to understand the principles of art if you want to fully express your creative vision, and create something that speaks to your creative mind.
that's exactly what i'm saying, it's just a good foundational tool
i'm not even baiting, i just dislike when people circlejerk around realism for no reason other than "it looks real" or "it takes a lot of skill"