Comfy Elden Ring discussion

How are you liking the game so far?

Attached: 1638255455768.png (1930x1086, 3.03M)

havent played it

I hate the open world but I enjoy the unique dungeons very much

what do u mean unique dungeons?

Its good. Already thinking about a second playthrough on a new character, getting OP makes alot of the latter areas feel not as intense.

Attached: me.jpg (2560x1440, 562.92K)

These shades next to blaidd at the radahn festival, are those people I missed? No spoilers please just want to know if I need to keep searching the world

I just started playing, is it me or do Dex weapons kind of suck? The scimitar feels like you need to like, properly committ when you use it against big enemies, but still do fuck-all damage when you actually hit something. The only weapons i'm finding actual success with are bleed weapons (knife/claws etc) and they feel like cheating to use.

which new character?

I just got teleported to the a part of the capital city and a huge chunk of the black part of the map got revealed. Holy fuck this game is huge.

Can't decide whether to make my Vagabond a Pure Strength, Str/Faith, or Str/Int build and it's stopping me from progressing as I don't want to lose my Runes

Take super dooper long route in hopes of finding a map of the area. Literally traverse an entire continent just to get here. Picrel happens. What do you do? I don't get George RR Martin's sense of humor here.

Attached: eldenring_2022_02_28_21_34_12_182.jpg (1920x1080, 558.57K)

I'm nearing what I think is the end of Lyndell Royal Capital. I don't want to progress further, I think I'm at the end of the game and I didn't fight a few of the demigods.

I think the world feels a little empty and I'm not a fan of the pc port but other than that it's very enjoyable to play

yeah pretty much, i dont want to say a lot but you need to get to the caval island first

Been some cool Dex weapons, might go Dex. I like that I can respec to test them after I finish this playthrough, then just rush a weapon from start.

Attached: 20220228021050_1.jpg (2560x1440, 972.65K)

Since the start of the game I havent found an armor I liked. What is the point of having a massive equip load if I cant find a set to use it.

Dex is the most overpower, fix it with the water and you will see what I'm talking about.

Fucking hell I hate the Fallingstar Beast. No fucking stake in front of it so the runback is annoying and it starts off immediately trying to attack you. Melee only is really obnoxious in this fight because it does a counterattack you need to block any time you get close to it. Makes me wish I had put more points in mind so I can spam magic at it.

where do you get that armor set?

idk who that is but you will not really be able to finish the playthrought after the slide thing

I don't feel so good Elden Bros

Attached: eldenring_2022_02_28_21_27_49_261.jpg (1920x1080, 475.02K)

can't beat the tree sentinel. flawed game design

>when the horizontal rectangle becomes a vertical rectangle

Attached: damn.png (736x460, 259.54K)

Leyndell, Nokstella, Stormveil Castle, Hogwarts, that Manor full of spiders etc - areas that generally felt like classic Souls game

Is there a way to tell how much damage your incantations do? I'm currently trying to do a faith/str build and unsure if increasing faith actually increases incantation damage or if it just allows you to learn better incantations. Does upgrading your seal increase magic damage?

You'll get it eventually. Make sure to revisit various locations occasionally.

you have to go up the stairs thing behind him, it will be like 50% easier

It definitely feels like they tuned the amount of runes you get to better stretch other the immense length of the game but damn does it feel like I'm leveling up and being able to use new shit at a snail's pace
other than that, the game is great

i hate mounted combat very much. just tedious hit&run youre forced to use or you can't escape stuff like the flying dragon's giga fire spam

Attached: angery.jpg (493x585, 35.37K)

One time I went to the roundtable, in NPC invaded me he dropped that armor.

>fix it with the water
?
Like a water enchantment?

Stormveil was a fucking blast. Godrick was significantly easier than Margit and his supersonic stick.

Talking about the one in Sellia Crystal Tunnel with the really small arena.

mimic tear summon fucking trivializes the game, turned the rykard fight into a spectacular light show but i never actually got to see him use any big attacks
tempted to level a bleed weapon for it while I run frost for double trouble

it's kinda dumb how scarce Smithing Stones are while the game has +25 fucking upgrade levels
can't experiment for shit and have to cope with low damage

Attached: 20220227021849_1.jpg (1920x1080, 455.94K)

Smithing Stones aren't sparse though.
Hell, you can get infinite 1s and 2s from a vendor.

It's great but I shouldn't look at discussions online, because I now know that I fucked up the barbarian chick's quest.

>starscourge radahn
is there something i'm missing or do you just have to keep summoning?
the second phase is complete aids too, his meteorites literally one shot me if a single one hits me and that's with a great rune activated

Attached: 1641238606902.jpg (3024x4032, 1.53M)

Anyone curious why most fantasy games ignore the element of water? Is making a water based weapon just too cheesy? That Undead Mariner Boss used water attacks, though, which looked pretty fun to use.

wait til you find a map for underground and realize a good chunk of the game is also underground.

>patches tells me the automaton at the bottom of the academy have some magic transport thingy
>yeah yeah nice try patches
>deliberately die to it anyway to probably progress his quest
>it actually works but it takes me to Volcano manor instead

Attached: 1645278680000.jpg (467x413, 26.27K)

>get shot at
>duck behind pillar
>projectile flies through pillar and hits me anyway
>stunned so can't react to flurry of attacks as projectile-shooter charges
>dead

Forgot I was playing a game by From Clownware

the bosses of this game are so spammy that a dex weapon is op in most of the cases.

The year is 2025. Every square foot of wall is covered in "hidden path" messages. Every square foot of cliff is covered in "jump here" messages. Every statue is surrounded by "finger but hole" messages. Every boss room door is covered in "misery ahead" messages. And all of the Redditors will say, "We did it."

>15 hours in
>just beat Godrick on third try
>trophy appears
>28.8%
Im not even that good, I think most of the time people have a problem with the pace (they want to smash attack as an action game) . I'm even using a +1 lordsworn magic swordwith, but summoning the warrior you find exploring the castle and summoning either dogs or jellyfish (no upgrade at all) is more than enough

classic because of the feeling of it? i kinda get your point

>Prospector Mirriam
>as STR
God, that fucker was so annoying. Teleporting during the greatbow charge was just the icing on the cake.

Attached: 20211102192217_1.jpg (873x955, 282.21K)

Same dude, this exact route took the wind out of my sails, I was pissed lmao.

I just finished this game what did I think of it?

Attached: 59a447f4-0e5a-479b-967c-c8ee7e7e5d48.png (1920x1080, 72.94K)

Yea its usually just ice, I guess its because water won't kill you unless its a tidal wave or suffocation. I was surprised that Horizon has Purgewater as an element in addition to ice.

why is it that no matter what game From makes theres always humans fucking dragons and spawning halfbreeds everywhere

can people stop being retarded and use common sense.

Yes, I know. It's kinda on the left front of the area, there's some litlle stairs, you need to get there and it will help you

The frame drops are really ruining my experiencing bros. I'm still experinting with different stuff at tree sentinel and the fps stutters annoys me so much.
I have a 3060 laptop with r7 5800h . Even on low it stutters

I am somewhat liking the open world but every single aspect of the game is literally a downgrade of Sekiro.
Worse movement (like no swimming), worse combat (style and responsiveness), worse music, worse camera, worse graphics, worse everything. Pretty disappointing.

Yeah, who would even do that, haha.

cool, i'll keep that in mind.

I think it's one of the best games of our generation. Unrionically.

Attached: George's Contribution.png (1920x1080, 3.31M)

what's with the pandering? Let's have every boss survive by a tiny sliver of health omg poggers that's a streamer moment bruv

keep summoning, there's a small fontain with water or something that will help also so be sure to get it

Love it.
I have this anxiety that I'm missing so much, or that I don't have the best build or equipment.
I went into this cave, and came out in this area with fungus everywhere and a red sky, where everything 1 shotted me.
I can't find any weapon upgrade materials, and even if I did I can't decide on a weapon.
How is the dismounter?

Attached: IMG_20220225_121321__01.jpg (3537x1687, 1.11M)

I'm invested in bleed weapons, are the Hooked Claws viable to build a Bleed build or are they a meme?

Attached: hookclaws_claw-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200px.png (200x200, 7.91K)

i hate
HATE
the fucking bird enemies in castle stormveil
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT STUPID ENEMIES

My ancestral spirit stood in the magma and didn't give a fuck

What level should I be to take on magrit? I'm level 12 and he's ruining my anal cavity, also noob and never even played a souls game so I can't tell how much of it is me just sucking or the fact I am too underlevelled.

>enters a discussion thread
>calls others retarded for trying to discuss

That doesn't make a lot of sense but thank you anyway

I don't understand why people hate the open world
There is giant shit to explore everywhere and the game has a massive sense of scale. I'm honestly surprised at how much is in the game.

can you powerstance them?

Wait there are 25? I thought there were only 10

1-4 are all purchaseable but the top end is still pretty scarce.

small fountain of water?

why did you feel the need to take this picture

I'm on the lookout for the Symbol of Avarice or any other item discovery + items. I know about the consumable penguin feet. I have three stat reset items and might burn one at level 70ish for a full arcane farming build to start my 1000 hours of collecting enemy equipment arc.

>scarab explodes upon me killing it
jesus fucking christ

I never met Blaidd, but now he's trying to kill me at the mistwood ruins. Did I fuck up?

use the pen sourcerer thing that it's behind the cabin, the hits are incredible. it literally looks like fireworks

I found that with a heavy weapon you can stun lock some enemies so all you have to do is run around in a tight circle, cycle a few attacks, ride off before they can counter attack then do it again

the ball

Attached: unknown123.png (520x813, 731.28K)

where do you find nepheli after she's gone from the round table when you first meet her?