What games do you think Journalists pretend to like simply for hipster points...

What games do you think Journalists pretend to like simply for hipster points, “historical context” or due to the popularity of the game rather than actually liking it?

Attached: 08B8E559-ADEC-45BF-A709-CB806AB2D582.jpg (577x538, 233.93K)

Gone Home is the classic example.

I don't know, I don't read or care about videogames journalism. Do you?

We all do else we wouldnt be talking about them all day here

Nintendo crap.

Gone home was made by Californians who lived two blocks away from a bunch of major games journalist publications. It's pretty much just nepotism.

None because the idea "you only like it because you want to make yourself look cool" is stupid

I bet this post can't be seen in Germany.

Tetris - Usually will be the nes or game boy version, claiming moving blocks is a profound & flawless game
Street Fighter II or Melee - Usually the only fighting game they have
A Link to the Past - No other 2D Zelda will be on their list.
Breath of the Wild - Now ahead of OOT due to recency bias, when at launch they had it way lower
The Last of Us - Slant Magazine had it outside their top 20 survival horror games & games of the decade, and contradicted themselves by ranking it ahead of 90% of those games anyway
Grand theft Auto & Red Dead Redemption - Only argument usually “it sold a lot” no mention of how they enjoyed it or what makes it better than other games
Chrono Trigger, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7 - Token innoffensive jrpg for people who don’t normally like them
Vanilla Doom - No mention of the modding community, just stating it’s impact rather than how good the WADs were.

No I sage, report and then hide the threads.

Surprised you didnt include super mario

Every Zelda game. I don't know why that series in particular gets dick sucked so fucking more than any other Nintendo series. The only Zelda game I liked enough to beat was BOTW and that's because it didn't play like a Zelda game.

Journos can never make up their mind on mario, but all of them tend to have a token 2D mario game in their top 10 usually World or Bros 3. I doubt they beat them, Bros 1 is even more hilarious as they can’t even beat dark souls so no way they beat that without warps.

Add Symphony of the Night, the Half Life games, Planescape Torment, NieR Automata & Minecraft to this list

Have you played ALBW and Majora's Mask?

I think a lot of the other 3D entries got a lot of free passes from journos especially Twilight Princess which in retrospect is barely even a good game.

Surprised user didn't include Dark Souls, which journos and GAMRGURRRLs only "like" but never actually played them because it is easier to just demand an easy mode to play it for the story despite it being completely optional (you can play most of them without talking to NPCs.)

Elden Ring

>Chrono Trigger, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7 - Token innoffensive jrpg for people who don’t normally like them
I have seen a ton of YTbers claiming to be "huge persona series fans" only to then say their favorite is P4 or P5, which means they most likely played the modern ones first.

Tetris
Melee
SF2
Alttp
Botw
Dark souls
Tlou
Gta
Red dead
Chrono trigger
Ff7
Persona 5
Vanilla doom
Dark Souls
Portal 2
Planescape Torment
Majora Mask
Bros / Bros 3 / World
Gone Home

Anything else

deus ex, system shock, thief.

do hipsters even know those games besides Deus Ex?