Final FanFucking 14

Tell me why this game is worth playing. No, being able to play until level 60 is not a reason.

Attached: FFXIV_2.0_Concept.jpg (640x360, 157.02K)

It's fun

Attached: 1402820326344.png (753x819, 593.83K)

What makes it fun, user?

Because it’s fun, simple as.

>has an awful story
>quests are usually "go talk to A then go back to B" a million times
>players will tell you "haha base game is bad but keep playing, first expac is kino!" only to realize that first expac is also a fucking walking simulator with a boring as fuck story
>content locked by story
>you can even pay to skip entire expacs
>dungeon queues are fucking empty
>sidequests are worthless and a literal waste of time
>you have to pay a higher monthly fee if you want to create several characters
>early game even less appealing due to lack of skills and getting them too late
>you can buy a plot, then a house on that plot, but you have to maintain it, otherwise it's demolished and lost forever, forcing you to pay the monthly fee if you want to keep your house
there's probably more but I can't remember
I didn't want to fall for the "it gets better keep playing!" meme again so I dropped it

that said, dressing your character is fun, it has gold saucer, and landscapes are pretty
play the free trial
the community here in Any Forums is extremely awful, watch out

I dont wanna fall for that either. "Haha it keeps getting better!" But when? Before level 60? If it "gets better" only when I pay then I don't want to play. It should earn my approval in the free to play phase enough to make me WANT to pay later. Do you think this game succeeds in that? If not, I'm skipping this game.

If youre not enjoying this game maybe you should stop playing it IMO

I'm not playing it, I'm trying to see if it's worth a chance. I keep hearing things about it but I also keep hearing "just play longer it gets better kino!!!!!!"

How do I get access to the Hrothgar gay club?

Attached: FMfWUwIWYAMgrlR.jpg (1920x1080, 506.08K)

I think I was 62 when I dropped the game, when I was almost finished with the first expac

if you enjoy slow generic weeb games I guess you'll be able to like the story
zero reason to explore the maps other than completing main story quests (there's nothing to do)
everything is easy as fuck, only challenge is when you complete all the content you can do "boss challenges" at hardest difficulty

still, wait for someone ITT to defend the game so you can have more opinions

the game would have soul if it actually looked like this

So far im leaning into not playing. The only plus was that I made a hot cat girl.

>haha base game is bad but keep playing, first expac is kino

i have no idea why people say this, heavensward is the same exact shit, as is stormblood

That's not an answer. What about it is fun?

It doesn't get better. There's easily a thousand hours worth of boring fetch quest trash that churns you through the main story, the combat is poorly engaging where you mash a rotary 1-2-3 for most jobs with nothing that separates it from other games in the genre, classes have no customisability or depth to them, all of the side content is pointless filler meant to pad out your subscription time with meaningless dead ends, ""endgame"" (if it can so be called) is literally 1 (one) good boss delivered every year (a raid patch comes every 8 months or more).

Just avoid it. The game is tripe, as are all modern MMOs. Do something better with your time and play good video games instead.

No. It's not fun, play another game and stay out.
Don't need any more players

Take your meds, troon.

they won't beable to refute you either. They'll called you a wowfugee and seethe about it.

It's a themepark MMO.

Damn you still making horrible ffxiv hate threads when elden ring is out? That’s pretty fucking sad

Attached: F5AF7A58-A3E8-4FB8-963D-F50F52BF5130.jpg (1920x1080, 123.15K)

they called me wowfugee or just "filtered" in other previous threads
there's no way anyone can discuss anything with most of the ffxiv community here in Any Forums

No...it’s not a very good game...rip off of WOW.

XIV’s best is still worse than WOW’s lowest...

9.2 is out in WOW and it’s fantastic. Play that instead, added whole new modes for PVE and PVP along with riveting new features. Just better in every way...

It's not.