Untitled

Attached: C21F8332-585B-40D1-A528-20A452C5F030.jpg (581x284, 76.63K)

open world games are fine if theyre actually good
movie games are never good, theyre always shit

Cinematic movie games, they aren't games.

Attached: 92316532146854653.jpg (1353x1939, 2.08M)

Open world, every open world game sucks & has no content

The answer is obviously open world games.

The Batman games went to shit with open world
Mirror's Edge went to shit with open world
Final Fantasy went to shit with open world
Metal Gear Solid went to shit with open world
The Witcher went to shit with open world
Zelda went to shit with open world
Now Soulslikes went to shit with open world

What series went to shit by going into the movie game direction? God of War? I literally can't think of anything else.

Open world garbage, despite being a downgrade, is treated as an upgrade by the gaming community at large, by the normies, by the retarded people among the non-normies, by the journalists, by the developers themselves. The open world cancer spreads and corrupts, taking hold of series and never letting go. When was the last time a series went open world garbage and then walked back? We'll never get a Fromsoft made Soulslike that isn't open world garbage ever again.

I guess you can say that movie games kind of ruined adventure games. What would be an adventure game back in the day with puzzles is now a choice simulator. I can see the argument there. But it's still 5% of the harm open world garbage does.

This, open world shit is the worst genre of video games.

>open world games are fine if theyre actually good
There has never been a good open world game and there never will be.

Hub worlds like dark souls was the way to go, too bad no game ever took influence from that

the last of us

wow you wrote this in mspaint and saved on a png? must be important!!!!
RESPECT

Agree with this, i was an open world fag but i realized how useless and boring this shit is

gothic 2

The bigger problem is the market being flooded with cinematic open world games to the point that they all have that generic homogenized AAA design. I miss when there was only a handful of open world games like Grand Theft Auto and people actually got excited about them.

yea. problem with this is they see it as a trend to chase without considering what makes an openworld work. if you dont design it with intent its just going to end up as a bunch of icons on a map to follow the quest compass towards which unfortunately has become the standard.

the former, no contest.

Wrong

Open world are at least games
Cinematic Movies are also usually crappy movies

Open world is dogshit & no game has ever benefitted from it

open world games.
Big reason for the ballooning budget and dev time.

german trash

>Which has done more damage to the industry?

Your mother for giving birth to you

open world by a country mile

This. Elden Ring made me realize that, huge overworld with literally no content once so ever, gank squads & bandit camps are the only thing you find. Dark Souls on the ps3 somehow had more content in it’s innerconnective hub world than this

>not playing Elden Ring made me realize
This, so much this! Preach sister, YASS QUEEN