It's almost been two years since the last hero was released for OW1

It's almost been two years since the last hero was released for OW1.

Jeff is gone. Mccree has been "rebranded". And we still have hardly seen anything of OW2.

What went wrong? What would it take to your earn your faith in the series again?

Attached: 1617559924179.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

Just sell the girls as operators in Modern Warfare 2-2 '22 or Black Ops 6 so I can play as Pharah or Mercy in an actually good shooter.

There was never such a thing as Overwatch 2. At its inception, it was a hacky map/texture pack and a few PvE special events positioned as a campaign.

>What went wrong?
Rape accusations within the company gutted Blizzard's workforce, resulting in delays in all its projects.

>What would it take to your earn your faith in the series again?
Release new maps and heroes for OW1, sit down and think hard about what they actually want OW2 to do both PvE- and PvP-wise.

>What went wrong?
Catering to the compfag minority with their changes, bloating the property with who gives a shit characters, and completely abandoning any meaningful in-universe progression.
Burning the whole project to the ground, making a Bastion movie, and calling it quits.

Toxicity delayed OW2.

For them to stop current OW2 development, restart it, then re-announce it in 5 years as an *actually* new game and not a large expansion pack.

What went wrong is that Blizzard collapsed under the weight of its own incompetence. No one's left at the company who knows how to make games, it's all just social media managers trying to sell skins to what few remaining compfags didn't get sick of the game after it was made more "competitive". It would take the studio itself being liquidated and the IP being handed to someone else entirely to restore my faith in it, or any other title Blizzard owns.

Is it true that HOTS receives stuff more frequently than Overwatch now? So much for a dead game

Why would I buy ow2 for some half assed single player mode and a new game mode? I’ll keep 1 get the new maps and characters

It was really jarring seeing Mccree become Cassidy after a hiatus. He will probably always be Mccree in my mind.

A casually accessible game that requires heavy coordination with strangers to be successful at playing is a fundamentally flawed concept doomed to create an unfixable community situation. On top of this there were the general balancing and map issues. You might argue there were other fundamental problems as well like making a game with a Tank, Healer, DPS set up to begin with, but things like this being good or bad ideas are spun out from the first problem listed.

Forced role queue, forced 2-2-2, forced single-kind-of-hero-per-team even in quick play, all attempts to solve problems that arise from the baseline bad idea that was Overwatch. When you play Smash Bros or CoD, you can have fun as an absolute dipshit with no knowledge of the game. When you play Overwatch, you experience feelings frustration and helplessness at all levels of play, up against the same feelings coming from your teammates, all of whom are encouraged to remain unaccountable because of the endless feedback loop those feelings cause.

Attached: cf6bac35adad21e4228ebcf9be2abdd7.jpg (736x1101, 165.71K)

>What went wrong?
Unironicaly social justice and how it impacts game design philosophy, Blizzard (and a lot of other devs) used to be unafraid of rewarding player investment, because you want to force everyone to be equal at a lower level your game is unengaging and boring for the people who would be it's primary supporters, pro and semi-pros aren't investors, but they are definitely stakeholders.
It's not just an Overwatch problem, Blizzard has to change, fix the above issue and the rest will follow.

>So much for a dead game
Just because another bad game is deader doesn't mean it isn't dead

>requires heavy coordination
They absolutely need to change the objectives so a single death doesn't end an entire push.
They can make ad hoc balance changes from there, since everything since release has been balanced around this first blood wins philosophy.

HotS had the advantage that, after the esports push failed, Blizzard's higherups pretty much ignored it, so HotS' skeleton crew could pretty much do as they liked.

For me the issue is that in maps like Hanamura or Paris, the spawn locations are unbalanced. It's always the defenders are way too far from the first point so one crack will make you lose the point, but the second point is right in front of the defender's spawn.

>In competitive, you gain additional points for forcing overtime or being a top performer, while you are also deducted points for underperforming.
Thoughts?

Didn't they decide to drop 2CP as a gamemode specifically because they couldn't balance those maps without significant alterations? They were going to repurpose them as instant-action PVE maps because they made maps as one solid mass rather than using separate objects, so redoing them would basically mean remaking the entire map from scratch.

I think points are meaningless in video games.
And online I have more fun carrying noobs in unbalanced lobbies than I do fighting tooth and nail alongside and against other high-ranking no-lifers.

They wouldn't go for it. They specifically left out K/D/A ratios so people would be less likely to compare numbers, and do their utmost to obfuscate metrics to judge other players by.

just give me junkrat, no reason to waste a good character

I don't think that's a great idea personally. There's something beautiful and objective about rank only considering wins/losses

>reduce the amount of shields/stuns in the game
>update the vfx so that it isn't a complete assault on the senses when there are two symmetras and sigmas in the game
>make the maps less chokepoint centric
>add a REAL server browser
>have more comics and non-event cinematics that beef up the interesting but extremely shallow characters
>maybe make the game 9v9 so theres less pressure on each individual and it doesnt become a blame game whenever you start to lose

>>maybe make the game 9v9 so theres less pressure on each individual and it doesnt become a blame game whenever you start to lose
9v9, TF2-style 5CP and you can get side objectives for bonuses/ult charge. Top tier casual mode.

so basically just copy tf2 but with overwatch characters. I agree