Elden Ring is what BOTW should have been

Elden Ring is what BOTW should have been.

Attached: zelda botw.png (1920x1080, 3.91M)

The other way around, friend.

I don't know why everything has to be a competition. Elden Ring has clearly drawn inspiration from BOTW, and both are good games.

What inspirations did elden ring draw from botw?

>Elden Ring has clearly drawn inspiration from BOTW
In what sense?

There is an area named 'Eldin' in BOTW

the only thing I'd have liked BOTW to do that elden ring does is have the dungeons be real dungeons and not the same weird techno puzzleroom nearly every time
more enemy variety too, maybe.

I don't think so sweetie, where do you think you are?

Before Elden Ring I thought BOTW was the perfect open world. Elden Ring showed me all the flaws on BOTW's open world like the shrines being the only thing to discover in BOTW whereas Elden Ring has so much more hidden away.

It's still not as good as skyrim unfortunately because I rather quite liked it.

kek

Botw will never be that cause its on the switch. low cpu power and low memory limitations.

dungeons

It is the most Zelda-like souls game. While the rest are more castlevania.

Runescape 3 invented this

The only thing they have in common is that both are totally bog standard open worlds. Except one is a Nintendo game and the other is a From game, so now "fans" of those respective companies pretend like they've never seen an open world game and that this is something incredibly new and innovative.

medieval period invented this

man I hate people

both are shite

>Elden Ring has clearly drawn inspiration from BOTW
Probably not. Reminds me more of TW3 when it comes to open world design.

No. BOTW had mechanics that let you interact with the world itself, which for an open world game should be the goal. Being able to utilize the games physics to launch yourself great distances is the defining feature in BOTW as far as I'm concerned. The game lets you explore in interesting ways that harness player creativity and actually make you sometimes not even want to bother with quick travel. Even something as simple as scaling a mountain can be a vastly different experience depending on who is playing. Some might want to do the ol' climb grind, others might try to find physics based shortcuts to circumvent it. Exploration in ER is just wandering around until the game throws yet another combat encounter at you. There are NO meaningful ways to actually interact with the world around you in ER. All of the small details in BOTW's world add up even if they seem small, like how lightning storms make metal weapons way more dangerous or how rain forces you to seek shelter and wait or find an alternative passage that doesn't require climbing. Open World games need to focus moreso on the WORLD and how it and the player interact with eachother. BOTW's open world has actual interactive elements, Elden Rings world just has trash mobs for you to fight to keep you from getting too bored between the combat encounters that people actually want to do. If you do a broad comparison between games BOTW objectively has more gameplay variety than ER. BOTW has interactive physics, puzzles, and combat. Elden Ring ONLY has combat and it still manages to have an egregious amount of reused enemies just like BOTW. They could have at least given players the ability to place their own bounce pads with Torrent for some environment interaction, as is they're just the open world equivalent of elevators. Torrent should have had its own upgrades to make it faster, jump higher, etc. Anything to give the exploration side of ER more interaction.

Attached: fsdfrth30w4.jpg (467x1024, 58.86K)

I had a lucid dream once where I played a Zelda game that was exactly like Elden Ring. Replace Torrent with Epona, replace the the area with Hyrule, and the game was huge you could enter the twilight world from tp