So now that the dust has settled, was it better than DS3?

So now that the dust has settled, was it better than DS3?

Attached: aaajhjjjj.jpg (616x353, 59.36K)

yes but worse than DS1, BB and Sekiro. Exploration is godly but the combat and bosses are bad and the OST is shit.

It's going to define gaming. See super Mario & half life.

It's the best game ever made

how does it compare to demons souls ? I have it but havent' played yet... loved demons souls ps5 remake

The one thing I am not liking about the game is the boss OST. The theme for the field bosses is pretty good, but the main boss themes seem completely forgettable, at least the ones I've faced so far.

It doesn't get better, i fully finish it and i can't remember a single track, Only the magic lady first half music was almost fun but then in the second is the same EPIC crap again. And i thought DS3 OST was repetitive and mediocre, with the only memorable tracks are from DS1.

demons souls is cool that it was the first and the level design was tight, but the combat feels janky and bosses are piss easy and the game is trivialized by allowing the player to have infinite moon grass.

The bosses aren't as good as DS3 so far. OST isn't great. Exploration is fun. It's hard to compare because it's so different from previous souls games. I'd say i'm enjoying it more than when I played ds3.

>shitting on godrick phase 2
easily from's best track in years. it wasn't even done by yuka.

Elden Ring is better than DS3 on its own, but when compared to the series as a whole it becomes tough to say.

is bleed viable against many of the bosses? something about proccing bleed was always the most satisfying part of dark souls combat to me.

I like the little part with the single violin a ton

It's miles better than both DS2 and DS3, also DeS. I prefer it to Sekiro, I think, even though I adore that game.
I don't know about Bloodborne, it's been a long time since I played it.
It's on par or better than Dark Souls 1 for me and I love that game to death.

being better than DS3 is the lowest bar

i know, thats why i asked. i still liked ds3 a lot so if er is at least as good its worth it for me.

its pretty and not fun.

Yes. But the bosses are mostly a bunch of spastic fucks that trick you with delayed attacks and ridiculous combos+AOE.

It’s a let down. Ds3 was better.

i never really got what was so great about bb. i bought a ps4 slim and hacked it during the start of the pandemic and completed BB with the DLC, and it just didnt click with me that much. i think the artstyle and setting were cool but other than that i enjoyed ds3 more since it had more variety to the environments and builds and the bosses were more challenging too while most BB bosses outside the DLC were pushovers. granted since my ps4 was hacked i played without online but from what i hear i didnt miss out on much.
im starting to think its so hyped mostly because its a sony exclusive so its ammo for console war.

>played bloodborne in 2020
user your expectations were sky-high, and you were probably already spoiled to boot
it was never gonna deliver

I really loved BloodBorne for it's setting and weapons, and I had a harder time with it than with Dark Souls 3 for example, but I think one part why is liked so much is because it came after Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 2 was generally hated

This is my one problem with Elden Ring, I don't mind these kind of bosses when you're mid to late game where you are equiped and test with some weapons for a bit before you decide a playstyle

Here in Elden Ring, the moment you leave the tutorial area you face a field boss that hits you like a truck, sure you can bypass him but that's already a harsh first impression, then if you follow the path you will probably eventually encounter Margit and for a proper first boss is very hard, on the other hand I feel like this was done on purpose to somewhat tell you you should explore the area first before encountering certain bosses