Their first game with horse combat

>their first game with horse combat
>it BTFOs every open world horse in existence

How the fuck did they manage that?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

Sekiro had horseback bosses.
That was a test to make sure their systems worked before they implemented them for the player.

IMHO The horse trivializes the combat in the open world.

Easiest Souls games by far

and thats okay!

Bait.

Attached: 1644265159763.png (1254x649, 1.54M)

>it BTFOs every open world horse in existence
i don't know if you count mount and blade open world, but it's horse combat is superior

The horse was the make or break it for this game with how integral they decided to make it and they completely nailed it.
MnB horse is serviceable. They didn't fall into the usual trap of "let's make our horse so realistic!!!" And end up with so much focus on horse aesthetics that they forget to make it fun, BUT just going "lmao magic horse" made for infinitely better mechanics. It turns on a time. You can double jump. You can swing while jumping. You mount from anywhere. Etc etc.

>Double jump
>I-frame speed boost
>can swing from both sides and charge attacks
>graceful, weightless movement that never feels stiltedly over-realistic
>summon-to-ride time over less than half a second and can dispel just as quickly

Why are Fromsoftware, a developer that made AA shovelware up until ten years ago, somehow better at these simple things that 1000+ studios?

Same reason those big studios keep churning out shitty games

Is it more fun than Twilight Princess's horse combat? Particularly the GameCube version.

The horse combat is fucking shit, though. I wish it was exclusively for movement.

Double jumping
Zooming around at Mach 10
Giant overworld bosses to have sick battles with as you zoom around Mach 10

I think it's because it's technically like a goat or something right?

Am I high or have you been able to swing from both sides for years and use bows as well in Skyrim?

I keep pressing L3 accidentally and my horse dissapears during fight.

Attached: thumb_sad-apu-36099617.png (200x232, 13.94K)

The lock on with horse is the real enemy sometimes. Most of the times it's fine but every now and again it's fucking dogshit and forces me to miss. I think it happens when I dash and run a tight circle around and enemy. If I do it while locked on, I miss. While not locked on, I hit just fine.

BDO has far superior horse combat and gameplay, and that game is a Gook MMO

sotc was good -- when it came out
rdr2? textures on a horse model don't make it better than Elden Ring's horse. You would fly off that fucker for so much as brushing an object; it wasn't great

>if you have a heavy weapon you can hold your attack and drag it on the ground as you ride Torrent and it allows you to damage any enemies beside you
KINO
>if you two hand a weapon before getting on Torrent you get the str boost even though the animation while riding does one handed attacks
KINO

Might have to do with the fact they don't churn out games every year so they can take their time and actually polish their game

That's only true if you spend real money and also grind for 500 hours. THEN you can have a play with a horse that isn't a piece of shit

No, you can play for 30min and buy one on the horse market as t9 are available there

Sekiro has better movement and traversal than Elden Ring

cope but also seethe

>that noise it makes as it drags

user, the good horses have to be bred (hundreds of hours of time investment) and sold on the market for ridiculous prices. And then Pearl Abyss (apt name) has the audacity to sell you products to alleviate the pain they created for you.

Attached: 1614874174840.png (507x571, 768.31K)