Why did The Outer Worlds fail?

Why did The Outer Worlds fail?

Attached: 1623029102650.jpg (1280x720, 79.05K)

rick the scientist from hit show family guy was simply not enough to carry it

It didn't? It may have been dogshit but it sold well and critics liked it.

Attached: 1570710483402.jpg (2488x1275, 1.67M)

Obsidian tried something new instead of building and spitting on something existing

They spat on New Vegas by making an ugly dyke game

Obsidian forgot that they've never managed to finish a game and that's a pretty bad trait in modern game developing

WHATS GOOD NYOKA

Attached: Stinkmeaner.jpg (400x300, 92.49K)

Too much of a Fallout clone instead of trying to be its own thing so everything just felt worse

This is the character with the longest hair in the game

the RPG elements were incredibly shallow. you could pass 90% of the dialogue or skill checks just by distributing your skill points evenly. 'builds' didn't matter and half the skills were pointless.

it didnt

I loved how all the weapons had all these stats, but none of it matter cause you just sniped everyone from miles away.

I unironically thought Any Forums was memeing that the models were so bad it made the game unfun, then I played it and went holy shit Any Forums was right for once.

>Bro... le black woman in le video game
if you wanna post an epic "gotcha" thread, post ellie or parvati, nyoka wasn't even that bad.

jesus christ some of them look like siblings. It's so obvious they were created from the same template. Not to mention the same heircut used on like 8 of them.

It was constructed of solid beige. Everything in this game is meh. Environments are meh, characters are meh, weapons are meh, abilities are meh, humor is such a constant deluge of le wacky corporation bad that it becomes grating after about the third character you speak to. It's just bland and unengaging.

Attached: 1645127101897m.jpg (730x1024, 115.46K)

not enough Ellie

i was actually ok with parvati because i wasn't even that attracted to her so i wasn't heartbroken when she turned out to be gay for asian pussy. it is pretty funny that all of Any Forums got butthurt that a female companion wasn't created specifically to have sex with you.

Corporations are bad, mutt

Everyone hyping up the dumb option when it only changes a few dialogue options here and there and everyone just kind of ignores it. Although it did open up a pretty funny ending.

>Why did The Outer Worlds fail?
Not only did they make the cute pajeet mechanic a dyke, but they gave her a sidequest where you help her get a girlfriend to cuck you.

character 1
>oh no I gotta pay tax for dying because le wacky corporation

character 2
>oh no I can't eat tune fish because it's le wacky corporate property guess I'll just starve lel

character 3
>oh no I'm fucking dying if only somebody could help me ohwait you aren't an approved doctorman from le wacky corporation you aren't allowed to help me guess I'll die lel

Attached: 1644278953351.jpg (1024x512, 432.23K)

the reason they gave them all short hair is because they couldn't make long hair look good. just look at how bad OP's pic is