See that cool Werewolf guy howling up there

>see that cool Werewolf guy howling up there
>apparently there's no way to make him come down to talk to you
>see, what you actually need to do is go back to one of the first locations you discover in the map, that is far away from where the werewolf is, and there is no indication that you have to go back there, talk to this merchant that you otherwise would have no reason to come back to him, and ask him about the werewolf, so that he can give you a special gesture to make the werewolf come down

Seriously why THE FUCK do they make these obscure side quests that 95% of players will miss, there is absolutely NO INDICATION that you have to go back to this seemingly unimportant NPC at a random location at the start of the game. How many people found this out without looking at the wiki? Probably 0,1% of players

Attached: 1645709741_637_Elden-Ring-—-Mistwood-Ruins-Blaidd-and-Forlorn-Hound-Evergaol.jpg (750x422, 42.96K)

You're just now realizing that From's """RPG""" designs are a fucking joke?

Attached: 1619860312204.jpg (780x768, 278.78K)

And now 0.0% of players who enter this thread will find the werewolf boss organically. Thanks for spoiling.

Filtered

zoomer detected.

I literally did his quest just by playing and talking to people

I found it without looking it up so to me you sound like a fool.

>All these signs saying "Try Gesturing" at the round table

Am I being gaslit?

Retards apparently think antiquated game design that was originally about ripping people off with overpriced strategy guides and expensive phone help lines is "good game design".

You're literally saying you want to be fed quests on a plate like a little baby.
Posting in a bait thread.

if you don't retrace your NPCs semi regularly thats on you. Going back to that church also has you meet the best waifu in the game. All you had to do was enter the mistwood at some point and hear the howl, and then at some point go back to that merchant and notice the dialogue prompt

Casual detected

>all you had to do was attack every single wall in the game on the off chance it was illusionary
You're an idiot and you have bad taste in video games.

He just disappeared in my game. Where did he go? I don't know. Sad.

You snap your fingers and he comes down

>merchant that you otherwise would have no reason to come back to him
He's a merchant. Why wouldn't you periodically visit to buy and sell?

No, retard, but the side quests need to be reasonable for people to find by themselves, this isn't reasonable

The first santa merchant literally tells you what to do

I never would have found him organically if I didn't see people talking about him.

>go back to one of the first locations you discover in the map, that is far away from where the werewolf is
Bitch it's a 5 minute horse ride from the forest. And hes one of the ONLY merchants in the game, if you aren't checking back for him then what the fuck are you doing?

Also you're a fuckin newfag. the forest and the first church are both in the same starting area. You act like you're midway through the game but you haven't even scratched 15% of the distance.

>And hes one of the ONLY merchants in the game

And that's how I know you haven't played for more than 2 hours, there's literally dozens of merchants in the game

>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T HAVE MYSTERY AND SECRETS
>PLS SPOONFEEED ME
This is part of why modern games are so trash
Zoomers are literally mentally ill

i found out about this and did the entire questchain without looking anything up. sounds like you have mental retardation, maybe far cry or asscreed is more up to your speed?

>tfw figured this out organically because I'm not a retard who doesn't revisit merchants after triggers/events to see if they've updated their stock

>Doing Castle Morne
>Deliver Letter to Edgar
>Get sword, go back to Irina's spot
>she dead

Did I fuck up? Was I supposed to go back to Edgar and show him the sword?

froms game design is "retards will datamine it anyways"
anyone who says its "organic" or copes with "do you need to be spoonfed lmaooo" looked up how to do atleast half of the quests in this game on wiki then comes here to meme their le perfect game

Attached: 12121333.jpg (1663x2495, 333.4K)

i got the prompt to ask about the howling and get the finger snap emote without even realizing there was any howling in the first place. maybe you’re just bad at the game.

?? I didn't say he's the only one retard. If you're just arguing in bad faith the fuck off and kill yourself

i did but then again this isn't my first rodeo so everytime i beat a boss or enter a new zone i go back to my little list of npcs i write down and check their locations in between riding across the zone to see if anything changes
it's souls 101 at this point

From still follow the tradition of making content obscure and hard to find so that the community is stimulated by discovery and discussion that amounts to community effort to uncover everything. This kind of thing was more common pre-gen 6.

Go back to Edgar.
Then he goes to Irina's corpse and says something like "I will kill them all".
No idea what that means.