Tell me about Rune Factory 4

Tell me about Rune Factory 4

Attached: httpss3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.compim-prod-product-imagesb63bb63bdb4886ea005beb4961b7a9fcc6e723b1e9d4_mkp0615210dummy.jpg (1000x1000, 122.73K)

3 had cuter girls

Im playing rune factory 1
Should i play 2 or skip to 3? When i saw some videos it was the same as 1 but with other characters

Really good game with some amazing unique design choices, but nobody recognizes them because a lot of them are really subtle and they're too distracted by the anime artstyle and waifus.

like what should I look out for?

the last good rune factory game before it went down the Harvest Moon route.

1. The subtle adaptive difficulty the game has. Due to how the game boosts your stats permanently for doing non-combat abilities (Ex. Through skills), it means that the game will be easier for someone who focuses more on relaxing in town and mingling with townsfolk than for someone who focuses purely on combat. This means the game is challenging to people who want to focus on combat but easy for casual players.

2. The crafting system is really unique and complex, since it gives players a use for every item as stacking upgrades makes the player a lot stronger. It even makes use of leveling up your crops, because by farming it gives you a consistent source of high level upgrade materials which can super boost your equipment in the early to mid game. However this system is probably too complex for a lot of players and most people ignore it, despite the devs probably wanting you to use it a lot since it gives you the crafting exp you need early game.

3. The player run store system seems like an afterthought, but it's actually a lot more detailed than it seems. Each townsperson uses their likes and dislikes when shopping, with characters outright refusing to buy items they hate and being significantly more likely to overpay for items they like. Additionally, the season, weather, etc also play a heavy role. Aside from not having a physical store space and the ability to manually set exact prices it's actually pretty reminiscent of Reccetear in that regard.

4. Pets in your monster barn are affected by the items you give them each day, although how this works is incredibly vague (Only 1 npc in the game hints to this). Essentially pets can gain stats through the different items you give to them, including stats that are normally not possible to get without equipment (Ex. Resistances). Furthermore, your pet AI can change overtime as well, although this is most noticeable with how many FP you have with them (And this applies to townsfolk as well).

The speed at which you can play the game is leagues higher than any other farm sim. For example the load screens are less than half a second, menu navigation is fast, the ability to plant, water, and harvest crops is fast, and screens are small enough that you can get from one place to another extremely fast. You could go from mining ore, back to your home to craft a weapon, and going into a cave to fight enemies within the span of 10-15 seconds.

3 was also great at this when it came to the speed of which the game is played.

It's kinda boring, you have lots of skill up things but the way the game is designed it feels like a big slog wwhere you get those very very tiny skill increments. I guess after playing for 500 hours it must feel like great progression but it surely doesn't when playing the game

never played any of these games but these posts have convinced me

Can you play the series on pc?

4 is on pc

I'm sure you can emulate 3 well since 4 had no issues with emulation for me, and 4 is on steam

What are you talking about, you're handed an item early in the game that boosts the amount of skill EXP you earn, and the most important skills can easily be raised high enough to accomplish most anything in the game.

Are 3 and Frontier worth playing? Didn't particularly care for 4. Town was rather small and didn't really like the characters or story.

play 3 and frontier. 5 is terrible and oceans is a very different type of game. 2 I found to be mediocre and 4 is ok but a small step down from 3

its a farming/combat game with waifu relationships but you can't marry the best waifu

ok thanks for the tip!

This, 3 is a better waifu simulator and therefore a better game since half the content is about finding a wife anyway

It's not good, I bought it thinking it would be but it really isn't good dude.

Well said. What I really liked is how much the game respects the user's time. Everything is snappy, the interface has a ton of shortcuts, and even the dialogue skips are instant. The game has an insane amount of depth on top of that.

You know how some games fight against and hate their players? RF4 is the exact opposite. It respects and loves the player with the bottom of its heart.