Mogs you as soon as you leave the tutorial area

>mogs you as soon as you leave the tutorial area

Attached: tree sentinel.jpg (1200x670, 898.02K)

Why is he so laggy?

because you're a poorfag. This game was made for Japanese and Aryans only

So are you actually supposed to fight this thing right away or is it a beginner trap and you're supposed to run away?

do as you want. he's not even worth killing for the souls or loot he gives but he's a pretty good exemple of the shit you'll fight later on

He rode up to me and I one shot him off his horse and he died in my arms and said that I was the best player he ever fought then died

There's some kind of loading trigger between the bonfire and where he patrols. You're likely to cross it multiple times during the fight and cause the game to freak out.

that's why you need to go to the maiden and get a horse , and then he becomes easy

>not having a sense of what’s a threat and what isn’t
You probably walked right up to him didn’t you?

Your supposed to fight him once you have a horse. He exists to show you that you need to be on horseback to beat some bosses.

Look at the dude, your little stick at the beginning won't kill him. Just like you're not supposed to fight the main bosses right away, you should come back when you're better geared after exploring the world for a while.

I was invading you world, I saw it, it is true.

You’re actually not meant to beat him right away but the game doesn’t make that very clear

but i killed him on foot

Whats up with that werebear in the south? Bitch much is harder than the horse jobber and the Magrit faggot. Looks straight out of BB I can't even heal.

I was there, it was a sad day.

>Magrit
>hard
He's literally just a basic ass Souls boss.

Really love horseback bosses in this game

>leave tutorial area
>see big gold man on big gold horse patrolling the forest
>think "this guy will give me tips or a quest or something
>approach with reckless abandon
>music changes, health bar appears
>fuck

Good for you. It is objectively easier to beat him on horseback though. The point still stands.

2 of them on the road to the capital

Attached: 1468542078618.gif (500x364, 101.03K)

>using a horse
Cowards

Killed him right out of spawn, didn't even do the tutorial.
Kneel.

Same, but I summoned an NPC like a casul so it doesn’t count.

Are you tarded? No one saw that guy and thought hurrr duuuurrrr bet hes frenly

He just wanted to live a happy life

Jousting and taking pot shots at each other is way more fun than fighting him on foot.

I did

>literally give you the best early weapon

Attached: 1644304802579.png (640x640, 559.25K)

>Everybody talks about Tree Sentinel filtering newfags
>Never find this guy despite visiting all the trees
>Turns out it's the generic horse guy I ignored after the tutorial.

I disagree
Horse attack is so fucking hard to control that I have a hard time landing anything. He was 10x easier on foot for me, just use jump attacks.

I think I’m going to go str/faith next playthrough, because this time around I’m doing int/dex and so many bosses just die to me circle strafing on my horse while casting. Is this ez mode? I played pure melee builds in DaS 1-3.

rip in peace elden ring man

Well gawd damn

>walk outside
>see knight on horse
>approach him
>all the sudden he wants to murder me
Wtf was his problem?

You embarrass yourself, as well as your parents.

It is, the range on some melee weapons is really low on horseback so you basically do several drive-bys to kill something

I somehow beat him, and when he died i had to lie down

I just bough the game 2 hours ago. After getting the horse and a nice Greatsword, and with some effort & deaths, I finally killed the Sentinel.
It affected me too. The lag must be from him being in a place just where the game load other areas; And so moving there, and specially fast and with a big boss attacking, just make the game load next area to you constantly.

You can hold R2 while on horseback and your weapon will have active damage frames until the attack is launched.