Watchdog

i just think he's neat

Attached: FMo1P9laAAA7ejf.jpg (2085x2010, 364.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FlkiBIljJGc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fear no man
But that thing
It scares me

afterthought boss you obliterate without effort
design-wise ? it's ok

Attached: 5y6xv0w1jv081.png (640x890, 818.39K)

Would be neater if it had 3 heads clipping into eachother.

>watchdog
>is actually a cat
What did FromSoft mean by this?

he watches the dog-headed imps that are inside his crypt

Fuck that one.
Not because it was harder itself, but because it had those fucking goblins all around it too. Taking those out while avoiding it's shit was so annoying. ONce they were gone, it was just as weak as the one head version.

Attached: 1442126663245.jpg (259x195, 9.86K)

it's an effortless boss up until you fight the tag team, at which point it becomes the pinnacle of cancer
at least one of them is always doing the slam, so you have to wait ages for a window to attack

He was an okay early boss fight the first time and taught me how blatantly NPCs in this game track you.
That attack he does after he gets up on two legs and walks towards you makes him turn within literally one frame.

Attached: p8ryk64kr2k81.png (680x454, 270.46K)

Oh yeah? You like how’s the devs didn’t actually give it walking animations so he slides across the floor? How about one of his mainline attacks where it simply floats into the air and slams the ground up to 3 times?
This boss is an embarrassment

He wasn't difficult by any means but dear lord was it some horseshit that he can 0-frame turn around from his standing slash. Like I'm not even mad that the devs wanted to punish you for trying to be cheeky and get behind him, but if that's the case, give him an actual move with its own tell to try to punish you for being back there instead of lazily having him instantly zip around to track you when he swings.

so it appears again later in the game ? good to know bosses are reused as are mobs, I remember ds2 got shit on because of this, times change

>Watchdog
>Is a cat

This fucking guy. Cool boss fight though I love his freaky movements

It has a walking animation doofus, it actually has one of the cooler walking animations in the game

He is a statue though. I think the animations are cool. And he does have animations, they are purposefully janky looking to make it look like its usually static. Whenever I died I would see him move his paw on the floor to help move around sometimes.

For the one attack where it stands on hind legs oooooo wow one walking animation for an entire boss everybody

Attached: nk0d4xgj0hk81.jpg (640x954, 114.84K)

DS1 did it too with the taurus demon and was shit on for it as well, largely because that whole area was just unnaturally lazy compared to the rest of the game. It had some pretty telltale signs of the devs butting up against a deadline.

I'd say Elden Ring gets more of a pass for it just by virtue of being open world and needing to re-use shit to help fill side content. Boss re-use is far more frowned upon when it happens in a tighter more linear game.

i mean

dont all bosses have one walking animation

first time I was forced to use spirit summons. what a load of bullshit

>I mean
>aren’t I actually brain dead
Glad I didn’t have to point it out

You know the animation team was laughing their asses off like "pfft no dude watch they will eat this shit up. No take out that walk cycle thats too good,lets just let him slide and float like a gmod video from 2008. Get that janitor in here lets make him do it. oh you've never touched animation software in your life? Perfect"

feels like a lot of dungeon bosses are random compared

>You like how’s the devs didn’t actually give it walking animations so he slides across the floor?
Take a closer look, retard. His feet are very clearly moving as he inches towards you.
youtu.be/FlkiBIljJGc

Hell, even with his float attack, he has an animation for liftoff.

Attached: watchdog.png (1868x2048, 1.4M)

They changed the animations after people complained, webm related is from the CNT

Attached: tree watchdog.webm (622x600, 2.95M)

Can you outlined what they changes. Still fighting tree guard at the beggining