Is the greatsword a good weapon for a str build? Should i go heavy?

Is the greatsword a good weapon for a str build? Should i go heavy?

Attached: The+greatsword+in+elden+ring_f86124_9364581.jpg (511x582, 50.51K)

I’m using Zweihander with various straight swords and rapiers in my left hand. I’m STR/DEX

It's slow as fuck

>is this big ass sword good for strength
Gee I wonder

Attached: 1638406396675.jpg (720x720, 43.71K)

I'm using bloodfang until I get a few more str levels to use the greatsword from morne boss because it look cool.
Regular greatsword is kinda boring, used it already 5 times in previous games.

Ulta greatswords are pretty good cause they upped the enemy count and you can just cleave and stunlock everything. If they're fast you can just spam jump attacks.

How is the bloodfang? Just got it but don't have the dex for it atm.

You can use whatever weapon you want, and change the scaling. I changed Uchigatana scaling to make it STR based.

excuses

No. The game is Dark Souls 3:part 2. DEX is King again and basic Straight Swords are what you want. The STR big boy weapons are too slow and you will get pwn'd in pve because bosses and mobs are from Sekiro and Bloodborne and in pvp because DEX and basic straight swords are just absurdly more optimal.

Yes

Attached: UPSWING.webm (720x480, 2.86M)

just find the biggest sword you can and then find a bigger one

Attached: strchad.jpg (1785x1573, 846.96K)

It's great and also applies more bleed then the uchigatana. I got 18 dex for it and now just going full str for later greatswords.

>beat this dude at level 1 with wild swings

>Is the greatsword a good weapon for a str build?
Nah it scales infinitely with dex and arcane, retard.

I'm getting by entirely on jump attacks for stunlocks, shit is cash

>get claymore up to +11
>it still has D scaling in dex and str

What the fuck is going on with the fucking scaling? holy fuck.

Put sum ashes on it

I don't want a heavy claymore, I just want either a regular one or even Raw equivalent. I'm not going for a quality build either, I just thought there would be at least some scaling at all rather than fucking D all the way to 12 with standard.

I'll show you a big ass sword

I'm in two minds whether to go full Pure Strength (66) or go Str/Faith, I'm a Vagabond
Claymore is my favourite weapons in all the Souls games

I've found the swing commitment for colossal swords to be exceedingly detrimental compared to just using a bastard sword