[LINUX PROPAGANDA THREAD]

I just joined the Linux master race.
>Didn't have to install a single driver.
>Audio sounds better than it did on Windows. (Although to be fair that's because it had some gay D&BO tuning that sounded like shit.)
>Games run great.
>Battery life is actually better than Windows.
>Don't have to deal with NTFS/FAT.
>Switchable graphics actually use my APU by default and I can switch to the dedicated GPU with "DRI_PRIME=1".
>Don't have to deal with MS shoving shit down your throat.
Why haven't you taken the Linux pill user?

Attached: steamlinux.png (1920x1080, 973.96K)

im lazy

I'm not using command lines and I never will.

Basically this. Too fucking autistic.

Linux is trash, I dread having to do anything with my raspberry pi because I know it'll be a big fucking rigamaroo. And Linsux literally doesn't even have a useable mouse by default (gigantic acceleration) or a screensaver that actually turns your damn monitor off. Pathetic joke of an OS for smelly incels only

Has problem running like 80% of the GoG catalog (old games)

>Audio sounds better than it did on Windows
How to tell someone is bullshitting about their Linux experience

I should add that if the Steam Deck isn't Windows-ready by the time I get mine in Q2, I'm selling it on ebay straight away.

So don't. There are GUI tools to do "DRI_PRIME=1" for you. You can also just add it to the launch prams in Steam too. You never have to touch a terminal.
Try reading the other half of that.

Can I just slap linux on any laptop? Been considering a cheap secondhand one for light work and gaming, I know some features of linux but not the process

Yes.

I'll start looking more into it, thanks, I want a break from windows anyway

installs steam client a well known spyware, you may want to uninstall it

>you will never have a stable release
>you will always download 'bleeding edge' (experimental of experimental lel)
>you will never have 5% of OS population usage
>you will always be a second or even third or even greater thought by developers
>you WILL crash
>you will google some esoteric fix
>you will pretend to be a scriptkiddie larping on a terminal to look cool
>you will customize your OS to your hearts content and still feel empty inside
>you WILL always be in microsofts shadow

Attached: 1639442797521.jpg (426x382, 11.72K)

Wine literally runs old Windows and DOS games better than the current Windows. You're smoking crack.

>I can switch to the dedicated GPU with "DRI_PRIME=1".
Isn't NVIDIA Optimus the way to go nowaydays with stuff like prime and bumblebee being dated as fuck?
This tells me the thread is bait and OP actually knows more about Linux and had to work on his install more than he lets on...

They always do. Anyone who tells you that linux 'works out of the box' even with 'out of the box' distros, are lying. None of these distros or the OS itself is designed that way. It's almost designed to make you want to switch back to Windows.

>you will never have a stable release
Linux Mint, flawless for 2 years and counting
>you will always download 'bleeding edge' (experimental of experimental lel)
>you will never have 5% of OS population usage
I don't care
>you will always be a second or even third or even greater thought by developers
Take your meds
>you WILL crash
Linux Mint, flawless for 2 years and counting. Running rock solid. No forced reboots. No driver issues. Literally works better than Windows.
>you will google some esoteric fix
>you will pretend to be a scriptkiddie larping on a terminal to look cool
If you can't handle basic file system navigation and file management from the command line, indeed, you should not be using a desktop computer at all.
>you will customize your OS to your hearts content and still feel empty inside
>you WILL always be in microsofts shadow
This is just more pointless nonsense

Modern Linux is better than Windows in most ways. No forced spyware. You actually own your computer. No forced ads. No forced government rootkit. Everything just works. All FOSS software is easy to get as 'apt install'. Steam exists. Flatpak exists.

You can even run a complete Windows installation with full GPU support inside QEMU if that is what you really really want.

I dont even use the terminal lol. I use the update manager.

Some shit still doesn't work for me. Blue Reflection, Muramasa, and Trillion all CTD. I don't care about AAA western e-sports shit or whatever, but as my weeb games don't work I still need to use windows.

>Modern Linux is better than Windows in most ways.
No.
>No forced spyware.
>You actually own your computer.
What is systemd and proprietary blobs?
>No forced ads.
What is W10 Pro?
>No forced government rootkit.
What is systemd?
>Flatpak exists.
And doesn't properly work for all Steam functions STILL.

You mentioned Mint; Mint has forced app installs, had several security vulnerabilities on their website in the past, a half broken GUI package manager, old system software because it's based on LTS Ubuntu, and therefore older available kernel and gralhics drivers.

The last point is too stupid to even start deboonking.

Just stop shilling Linux for anything other than work.

>And Linsux literally doesn't even have a useable mouse by default
Neither does the DOS kernel :^)

gaming on linux isn't perfect,but it is nice and its getting so much better by the day,even apex is looking like its going to support proton/deck soon.
im very happy that valves commitment to linux gaming.

Name one thing that actually requires the terminal in a modern non-meme Linux distro.

What is it about the penguin that makes wincucks seethe?

Listening to line-in.

What you mentioned about mint is something you just googled "why linux mint sucks." I've been using mint for a long time and most of what you said is a lie or has been fixed. By default, mint has the latest graphics drivers and every time i look up how to optimize linux for gaming, mint is already set up with those configuration. So no need to tinker mint.

>Just stop shilling Linux for anything other than work.
Always have, I also have friends that are like you. But they see me online on steam all the time doing "work" lmao.

Shilling would imply I'm paid. I'm not. I just enjoy using the OS.

Who hurt you? Want to talk about it?

>I dread having to do anything with my raspberry pi

Attached: 53595396_p20.jpg (600x869, 210.33K)