I'm honestly shocked at how meaningless the open world feels. Its mostly just lifeless space between enemy encounters...

I'm honestly shocked at how meaningless the open world feels. Its mostly just lifeless space between enemy encounters. I figured From would make terrain, weather and time of day have a much bigger impact on gameplay. Like nights being extremely dangerous. But it really just feels like a typical Open World game.

Attached: 197f5581581437d25a418e1af48398566812bd5e.jpg (768x1024, 107.53K)

>I'm shocked at open world garbage being a bloated fillerfest
Why? Did the last 200 open world games that got released not give you the message yet? People like you being shocked is how this genre can get away with always being hype cycled every fucking time.

It's no masterpiece

>lifeless space between enemy encounters
Yeah there should be animals and plants in between enemy encounters OH WAIT THERE IS
wtf are u talking about?

Breath of the Wild showed that there are still aspects of of Open Worlds that haven't been explored yet.

its ok that they spent no time making new gameplay but also didnt spend any time adding meaningful things to do in the open world, based FromSoft did it

Attached: file.png (470x470, 232.08K)

>FLOWERS MEANS IT HAS NO PADDING
lmao

No, it didn't.

>I'm honestly shocked at how meaningless the open world feels.
Why? It already looked like it was going to be meaningless. Most open world games don't have good open worlds. And this is their first attempt at one, it was obviously going to be shit.

>Its mostly just lifeless space between enemy encounters
do you expect there to be enemies every 2m? what did you expect zoomer?

No it didn't lol

I feel you OP
they have been turning souls into action game since ds2, completely missing DeS and DS1 tone. Its still a good game just not 10/10 THE FANTASY ADVENTURE GAME we all hoped it wouldve been

Attached: 1644566359028.png (363x362, 22.16K)

Normal life world when open is boring, this is less so. You don't need a lordvessel to warp now, so enjoy the sights while you ride the pony or just teleport. To me the open world size makes it feel like SOTC

10 years ago fromsoft might have attempted to do something interesting with open world, nowadays though they are just catering to the bottom of the barrel average consumer

>open world
>crafting
>mounts
>bonfires right outside fog walls
>emphasis on summoning allies
>neutered down invasion system
>no weapon durability
>combat in general is dumbed down
>empty open world, no creativity in terms of game design
>exploration feels directionless and pointless
>fucking crafting

the eventual downward spiral every gaming company goes through of dumbing down your game to appeal to the wider audience has now touched fromsoft, what a shame honestly

DS2 was still balanced

Tranny discord raid thread.

Just ignore them.

You Will Never Be A Woman.

Dial8.

Just wait for the next A-team game, they made Bloodborne and Sekiro.

user everyone gave the game 10/10 you can't say such negative things

No, it didn't.

Honeycombed style interconnected world (like Dark Souls 1) fits this style of game so much better. So far in my experience the open world adds absolutely nothing to the experience.

Maybe I've just been filtered.

Attached: 1602714546839.png (326x292, 157.49K)

Will you faggots ever quit talking about DeS not being some generic action dungeon crawler? Like it isn't 98% of the time about combat. What the fuck game did you people play that I didn't? A puzzle point and click adventure game? There's plenty of areas that are just hallways of mobs. There's litterally more adventure and problem solving elements in DS2 than there is in DeS.

you are a brain damaged retard

And you're just a retard.

nigga what. DS2 had every level packed with mobs like its a fucking clown car

They likely though that open world would benefit the adventurous aspects of the game and didn't realize how to seal the deal with that. Also they probably wanted some huge bosses that you would encounter in the world at random.

what makes a world meaningful and organic in vidya
give me an example

>make terrain, weather have a much bigger impact on gameplay
How and why?
>Like nights being extremely dangerous
What would be the point of that? People would just wait till daytime to make progress. What a retarded idea.

The only. And I mean ONPY animals that make any difference, have been the GIANT BEARS. They can outrun your horse and are surprisingly agile when it comes to crossing the terrain. You really have to mix up your riding to get away from them. Every other animal either runs away or can be safely run past with no threat to you or the horse. GIANT FUCKING BEARS (AAAAAHHH) serve as a nice challenge to outpace, enemy to fight, and danger to be snuck past. You cant say that about ANYTHING else in the open world.