I'm trying really hard to enjoy this game but shit like this makes me sick and is ruining the experience for me

I'm trying really hard to enjoy this game but shit like this makes me sick and is ruining the experience for me.

What happened to the souls community?

Was it a mistake to play at launch?

Attached: fuck redditors.jpg (1928x2172, 1.06M)

You've been told countless times that souls games are reddit-core. Don't be surprised you run into redditmemes like PRAISE THE SUN.

>What happened to the souls community?

It became reddit, just like this board.

fort,
night!

TRANNY ALERT
TRANNY ALERT
TRANNY ALERT

If only I had a giant
but, hole!

Nah, this shit started with PtD/DS2.
DeS and release DS1 were fine.

Attached: FJsdW--aMAAwF80.jpg (550x480, 49.49K)

Why is he holding that scabbard like a retard? Please don't tell me he blocks with it...

>seething this hard at shitposting

Play offline
he's holding a staff

Getting message approvals gets you free health I think, at least that’s how it worked in dark souls 3. If it’s the same in this game just put down funny messages everywhere and you get free health. Some messages can be annoying but most of them are fun! :]

are you literally posting in every thread?
are you obsessed user?

My favorite are the "Message ahead" spams that form a road.

>messages are ruining the game
Go offline and stay there.

>Nah, this shit started with PtD/DS2.
I like this retro-history of Dark Souls not being a reddit-tier "secret club" game until it released on PC.

dog?

Not one hidden path ahead message has been legit for me yet.
I even stood there doing the ring gesture for like a minute in front of one because it had almost 10k appraisals.

you have to look at it through the eyes of a normalfag
>see funny message next to turtle
>upboat
>see useful message, could be a lie, maybe not
>turns out to be true
>am retarded normalfag so i don't know that you can rate messages without being on them
>don't bother running back to upboat good message

Someone needs to release a mod that hides all messages that contain the word "dog", "message" and "but hole".

That will do nothing about all the fake "illusory wall" messages but at least it would remove 90% of the shit plaguing the message system

They're all bait. The singular time I found a hidden path the message said there was none with over 1000 updoots.

How come I don't have options for 'and' or 'but'? Do I need to buy it? It's very restricting since I need to contextualize the advice

Attached: ckgxbl8mn7z71.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

I make sure to rate every shitpost message poor.

sorry to tell you this user, but there are illusory walls in the game, i found one in black knife catacombs next to the hole where you drop down into the lever room
now you have to humor every single hidden path message or risk missing something

You're still giving free health to the shitposters

Haven't seen anyone make a joke about edging yet

I don't know warning messages are legit until after I've experienced what they're warning me about, and by then I've either forgotten the message entirely or just don't care enough to go back to appraise it or open a menu. Meme messages don't have that problem. I see funny words, I click thumbs up.

If you don't like them, don't rate them. Disliking a message still counts as an appraisal, which is why you might find messages that blatantly lie with a lot of them.

>plaguing the message system
you mean 90% of the fun?
Like nigga just don't read it, like nigga just walk away

Play offline.
Fuck else did you think you were going to get with an upvote message system than hecking redditerino shitposting.

>you WILL scrounge around endlessly picking up every flower and killing every bird for items you will end up never using
>you WILL run around mindlessly killing trash mobs in one hit because you made the mistake of progressing to the next area beforehand
>you WILL run around for hours just hoping to find a crappy chalice dungeon that makes oblivion look creative, just so you can escape the boring open world
>you WILL die repeatedly trying to get down to a stupid beach
>you WILL be stuck unable to fast travel because there is a mob on the other side of the map
>you WILL jump off an air point on your horse and get stuck on top of a pillar that kills you when you drop down

Attached: 1611253306253.jpg (600x713, 37.87K)

When you're on the message menu check the options at the bottom. Pushing "Y" if I remember correctly lets you add an additional phrase and divider as well as an emote

100% true. The games were fine til the PC release. Now it's full with unfunny forced meme messages.

Attached: FJsdW_QaQAElinV.jpg (536x485, 64.35K)

I put a message in a dark hallway, since the messages light up the area. Wanted something like “blessed light”. No one likes my message either or understands why I did it. But it helps those without a torch in a new area anyway

>makes oblivion look creative
lol
lmao

>settings
>start in offline mode
There's more than enough shit in this game to distract you for 100 hours without Reddit comedy hour every five fucking steps.
Take the cozy immersion pill.

>ITT tryhard curmudgeons who don't know how to have fun