So many of the bosses in Bloodborne were almost unbearable to fight because of the horrible screaming and shrieking...

So many of the bosses in Bloodborne were almost unbearable to fight because of the horrible screaming and shrieking sounds they make. Cleric Beast, Vicar Amelia, Ludwig the Accursed and Orphan of Kos were so fucking annoying. I actually had to mute my game a few times.

I know Bloodborne is supposed to give off a more Lovecraftian/Eldrich horror vibe, but none of the bosses in Dark Souls were this annoying sounding.

Attached: NVmnBXze9ElHzU6SmykrJLIV.jpg (2880x2160, 2.22M)

Glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with how loud and obnoxious some of the monsters in this game were.

Pussy

Bump

Bloodborne fans tend to ignore the games many flaws. Rom for example, might be From's worst boss after Bed of Chaos and Ancient Dragon.
Dark Souls 1 also usually gets evaluated as the base game distinct from its DLC, whereas Bloodborne and the Old Hunters are almost always treated as one product. This, I find, always serves as a convenient way to obscure the fact that Bloodborne's mid-late game is arguably just as rushed as Dark Souls 1. Everything after and including Byrgenwerth, truly.
I think it's a result of it being exclusive, that usually warps the perceptions of console owners

I think Rom gets apology points for being a unique scenario. You jump into a moon reflection to fight a big magic summoning grub.
The fight's mechanics might be poor, but the concept is cool.

It's the equivalent of having Izailith a completed area with heavy build up for the bed of Chaos, maybe even giving the bed itself a cooler look. Then, ultimately, keeping the fight the exact same as the original.

You expect a grotesque monster to have a clean singing voice?

No, but I don't expect to have my ears assaulted by what sounds like a metal singer on crack.

How the hell do you morons get filtered by Rom of all bosses? Just unlock the camera and keep the boss in view while you clean up spiders so you know when to avoid meteorites. It's not hard.

I agree. OP is a fucking faggot.

It's not filtering, it's just a quality thing.
Nobody likes add fight bosses where you have a little spammy thing in the background you really want to hit surrounded by very aggressive enemies.

The only time I ever had fun with it was in DaS III NG+ where I was using Friede's scythe against Deacons of the dead.
But this only worked because the deacons sit around staring at you and letting you gleefully slice through them.

>filtered by the sound design

Attached: tongue_boy_by_rev_jesse_c_dbg7lm-pre.jpg (1032x774, 58.61K)

Bloodborne loses all steam past the woods. Byrgenwerth was gutted. Frontier is completely boring despite the fact it should be the craziest area in the game. Yahar'gul is yet another Gothic city with the same enemies you've been fighting all game. Upper Cathedral is blatantly unfinished, basically empty and is over in the blink of an eye. Mensis is another Gothic castle with only the brain and Micolash saving it. Cainhurst is actually unique, but it's also unfinished and easily missable and completely removed from the rest of the game. And the final has obtuse requirements and is a complete push-over with zero build up in the story to boot.

Say what you want about DS1 but at the very least the Duke's Archives, Lost Izalith, New Londo and the Tomb of the Giants are all clearly distinct, memorable areas.

But Rom is a joke after you stop looking on to her.

The Lovecraftian parts of the game are really carried by the atmosphere and some cool lore, the gameplay and enemy design becomes worse and most of the bosses are a joke, there is almost no NPC interaction post woods which is sad. Only really good parts post Byrgenwerth were Amygala, Upper Cathedral Ward and Gehrman.

Cainhurst is one of the better areas in base BB and Logarius is one of the better bosses. It’s also a first half area not a second half area

Lmao

Upper Cathedral was just so disappointing. You'd think the central of the Church would have more to it. Instead it's just one dark hall with a couple wolves and brain suckers. And then an ayy boss. Then you fight Ebrietas, and at this point the story is so broken that most players will come to the conclusion that they've found a huge secret, when Ebrietas actually has no direct relation to most of the events in the game.

And then she drops a chalice.

Consider the possibility that you may be a giant sooky lala.

I agree, but it's an area they clearly made at the start and then never touched, because it feels more like a DeS or DS1 level than a Bloodborne. Maybe it was for the better since if they have messed with it you would have had to fight Yharnamites there too.

Still my second favorite area in the game.

I still see people that think that Ebrietas is the source of Old Blood instead of the more correct deduction that it's Queen Yharnam. People not doing the chalices miss out on so much, both bosswise and storywise, so the bleeding lady in a wedding dress never makes sense to them.

I have a newfound appreciation for Crowsteel, once you get the rythm he becomes one of the funner fights of the game, even with the bullshit infinite bullets