Victoria

>12 years old
>still best and seemingly only grand strategy game of this scope and scale

Seriously. I love Victoria 2 so much, mainly because of its gameplay around economics and population. It’s not perfect but it feels so much more satisfying than every other strategy game where pops are listed like 7 per city, and you convert whole regions to a new religion in 20 years.

The military aspect is ok and can get really fun for certain moments but it’s a side piece as far as I’m concerned. The game pretty heavily discourages excessive warmongering.

I really hope Victoria 3 is great lads.

Is there any other strategy game with population movements and/or economic gameplay like Victoria?

Attached: C5F8D204-62D1-4508-8004-C4A09A890005.jpg (616x353, 65.9K)

Eu4 with Meiou but it's pretty unstable

im a retard and don't know how to actually play this game lololololol

Attached: 1519768790601.gif (255x191, 2.75M)

>I really hope Victoria 3 is great lads.
user...

I never understood the hype around vic2, am I missing something? even with all the dlc I found just spamming factories to be boring and the game just felt like waiting for my infamy to go down so I can go to war again, with not much else to do

Love the soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=XMtVu-ZtwEk

dnd duaner

>I really hope Victoria 3 is great lads.

I hope so too but i know its going to be politically ruined

Stop playing it like you’re playing total war. That’s not what the game is, so no shit you don’t enjoy it. If that’s the only thing you can enjoy then don’t bother.

Pick a country. Set a specific goal and try to achieve that goal. It’s much more fun if it’s a weaker country and your goal isn’t just “be number 1”, but rather something your country would logically want or try to achieve. Like an Islamic country uniting Muslims.

South American countries can be fun to play, trying to become a dominant power by conquering neighbors and either resisting American influence or becoming their puppet so nobody else will fuck with you.

Play as Mexico and fight to stop the American conquest to the west coast.

Persia can be pretty fun. Try to unite Islamic Arabia and you will get some oil rich regions later on too.

Playing as USA, GB, or Germany/Prussia is generally boring IMO because no matter what you do you can’t really fuck up too bad usually

>hope Victoria 3 is great
I hope it's at least decent.

Oh shit. What have you heard?

what, you don't enjoy looking at a map while you become deaf from railroad costructions?

Who else is going to legalise slavery for their country when playing Victoria 3?

Attached: 97DB6B8D-75A1-414C-B2FE-C97EB301C148.png (567x758, 663.53K)

Free Cities mod when?

Slaves didnt have hair like that

I usually quit when retarded capitalists start building so many worthless factories all over the place it's getting too tiresome to cancel them.

multiculti 19th century
just look at the concept art

>legalize slavery
>Get shitloads of militancy

>Play Russia
>Spend an hour upgrading every railroad
>Repeat every time a new technology gets researched

Attached: 1522757640858.png (727x720, 518.81K)

This works fine for me as long as one or two factories is profitable. Natural selection leads to the ones that don’t profit shutting down under laissez faire

>grand "strategy"
>There's litteraly nothing to do, your country is essentially on autopilot
Wow so incredible.