Is designed to roll bait with slow windups

>Is designed to roll bait with slow windups
> But is also designed to catch you after you leave your roll i-frames when you roll at the correct time

This is bad boss design. If the ideal way to kill your boss is to summon a spirit ash whilst baiting only his long range attacks, it is bad design. I'm not going to read your replies, redditors.

Attached: baddesign.jpg (300x168, 9.62K)

>NOOOOO I NEED TO REACT PROPERLY TO ENEMY MOVES
Kill yourself DS1shitter

>I'm not going to read your replies, redditors
That's for the best, we wouldn't want you to get your feelie-wheelies hurt on 4channel

His point is that even if you dodge properly you're still going to get hit because of the way the boss combos the moves together.

That move where he swings the hammer got me so many goddamn times

you eat the dagger hits and dodge the club hits. when he brings his sword out you can jump to the side, or backwards depending on your distance. you're just a massive shitter basically.

Just summon the barbarian waifu. She'll carry

It’s so short range that I think the intention is to roll out of it.

It’s took me like 6 or 7 tries to beat him. Have people really been stuck on his fight for hours?

Is this the magic hammer nigger or the dragon nigger? Magic hammer nigger was pretty hard

I was watching Jerma play this and the bosses seem legitimately horrible
Way too many moves, multiple different moves have the same windup, you're pretty much just supposed to run away from a bunch of shit, but if you do that then they hit you with a ranged attack that homes in on you, moves where they cancel their wind up and do something completely different etc so you can never really GIT GUD by learning the boss, you just have to get lucky
What the fuck were they thinking?

"Crank the bullshit meter up to MAXIMUM. We need this game to be EPIC! If the players struggle, FUCK EM! Just tell them to go grind levels lmao, make use of the "open world". They'll be alright." - Miyazaki

Add to that the input delay and input buffer and you have a certified 'hard' game

>you can never really GIT GUD by learning the boss
You can, you just haven't yet.
Also maybe this game isn't actually the same as every other game. Maybe you aren't owed a victory just because you've played earlier titles.

It's sad, it's the antithesis of what we've come to expect in these games, where persistence and skill is the key, and overleveling was the cheese
Now it seems like they want you to overlevel intentionally in the open world area to be able to fight the bosses properly

>elden ring owes you nothing
>fromsoft owes you nothing
>game devs owe you nothing
>JUST ENJOY IT

Attached: a fucking wojak.png (419x505, 60.35K)

It’s been 13 goddamn years of people complaining about the same shit and 13 years of people saying “git gud faget”
I can see that isn’t changing anytime soon.

>why don't they ever make these games different
>no not like that

die mad

Agreed. It is very disappointing.
Even after I comfortably learned the boss attack patterns, at least for Margit, I still felt like I simply was not supposed to be fighting this guy at such a low level. As if the game threw in cheesy attacks that were meant to one-shot the player.
Oh well.

The difference between franchises like CoD and Souls is that CoD players stopped being raging tryhards

Attached: 93loppahw7k51.png (221x195, 94.14K)

Yes, his close range sword combo is very annoying since you need to be frame perfect and the stun periods he leaves you in prevents you from rolling for the next attack

I've beaten every boss so far with mostly blocking except for a few big attacks.

Feels like you get punished hard by rolling in Elden Ring.

Attached: 1645777780886.jpg (1536x2048, 399.91K)

>CoD players stopped being raging tryhards
They just moved from regular multiplayer to Warzone

>I still felt like I simply was not supposed to be fighting this guy at such a low level.
>This guy is better than me; why?

>DOOOOOD HE'S LITERALLY THE JUMPING TUTORIAL JUST JUMP MORE BRO
>told to jump at the end of his combo strings to avoid his quick dagger swipe and get a hit in
>does literally nothing and is useless

lol
just gonna summon like 99.99% of the others at this point

Filtered

Brainlets: the thread

Attached: 1637236951769.jpg (231x363, 25.2K)

>giant bear has a million attacks
>walk up and stand on his left and he can't hit you and you can just spam attacks until he tries to grab you
The bosses have been so shit so far.

Attached: 1621191304021.jpg (556x646, 44.02K)