Magic is OP

>be me - magic Chad
>read numerous posts from melee-bros about the difficulty of bosses and mobs
>meanwhile I’m spamming my beginner spell and destroying everything in 2-3 hits tops

Magic-chads report in. Incantation-bros tolerated as well. How does it feel to be OP?

Attached: 857E2A3B-580C-491C-B003-F88CD7178DC7.jpg (1280x722, 107.05K)

>Spend a few hours hunting down dragons
>Get dragon slam and dragon bite spell
>Find talisman to power up incantations
>Get focus that scales with STR (STR/FTH)
>Fucking dealing 1.2k/bite if it connects

Attached: 1638056716430.jpg (536x365, 31.03K)

this might be a retarded question, but does upgrading my staff make my spells hit harder?

>I picked easy mode
>praise me
no

Check the sorcery scaling stat

Which of the initial 3 dragon spells on the island is the best?

Nothing easy mode about getting 1-shotted, bucko. Magic is glass cannon.

Souls games have always had a difficultly select, and it's called using magic.

I thought that was pyromancy?

It’s dogshit in blood borne and only middling in demons souls.

started as a warrior, been playing for 14 hours, still haven't found a staff or catalyst of miracles. where can i find one? pls magic bros i wanna shoot fun purple rocks and buff my weapon and turn into a dragon but I can't without one of those

merchant at roundtable sells starter gear

I also feel like this is the case. I beat the wolf man boss as the Prisoner with base stats and equipment by evading his attacks and casting the magic blade once I got enough distance. Haven't played and other Dark Souls games or 3D games with a controller before.

no it's called black knight weapons

is pyro as busted in elden ring as it was in ds3?

in ds3 after you got the catalysts that allow int/faith scaling for lightning and magic spells you basically had no weaknesses. full scaling fire and shadow, and 90% scaling lightning and magic

>demon souls: op
>dark souls 1: ez mode
>dark souls 2: balanced
>dark souls 3: hard mode
>bloodborne: GUN
>sekiro: we don't talk about sekiro
>Elden Ring: chuds get mad because melee power attacks costume focus instead of stamina

There is no pyro in Elden Ring, it's either sorcery or incantation, fire spells are in both of them. Also there's only like 4 seals to casts incantations with.

When do Miracles get good, I've only found Black flame and Black Flame blade for extras so far.

I've realized a while back that all the people telling me to git gud are running around with a healthbar that stretches across the screen, a very solid shield, and heavy armor. (Still at medium load)
That was when I came to the conclusion that I am superior.
>playing spellcaster
>getting oneshotted by almost everything because i cant upgrade health
>unable to block anything because str and stamina are shit
>needing to pump all points into fth/int/mnd to be able to use all spells and have decent mana to do so
>still have to allocate most flasks as mana restoration to avoid running out of it when in between checkpoints

Is parry useless, or am I just bad at this game? Is it possible to parry the zombie dogs? That area keeps filtering me.

What stats do I need to level for a prisoner build?

No levels, just make a nigger

is str/fth good?
can i go for a paladin build without sucking?