Do MMOs still have this stigma? Is this what normies picture when you say you play an MMO...

Do MMOs still have this stigma? Is this what normies picture when you say you play an MMO? I honestly feel more comfortable talking about gacha with normies because I can gloss it over with "It's like Pokémon but you collect anime girls"

Attached: S10E8-Thumbnail.png (1666x936, 1.17M)

me on the left

It's the longer total time investment compared to most other games.

Only for "old" fantasy MMOs like WoW, Guild Wars or some kind of chink dead MMORPGs.

LIVE TO WIN

Not really, keep in mind that episode was 2006, still Vanilla WoW. The game just got more and more in the mainstream over the next 4 years peaking at the release of Cataclysm. Now MMO's are mostly played by weebs and casuals and most chinkshit MMO's have a large female population.
I would say some specific games might have that stigma but only if you're already in the know, like New World is a fat boomer MMO where the average player age is 35.
I think now it's just embarrassing to say you still play WoW now because its been such a shit game run by such a shit company and dev team for almost 1/3 of its life now.

I think it's becoming more accepted among the normies however I will personally judge the fuck out of you for playing bloated mindless grindy clicker chatroom timesink abominations instead of actual video games.

Does it count if you intentionally gained weight?

it's what nearly everyone pictures because it's true. it's either fat fucks or dorks who look like Dunkey

>giving a shit about what normies think when their hobbies are 300% more shallow
retard

MMOs are now primarily populated by entry level social players. Morbidly obese neckbeards still exist but there're probably legitimately less of them in most games than passably attractive second-generation Asian girls with severe mental health issues.

reality is probably some bored housewife who has nothing better to do. seriously so many women in these games.

it's trannies now

No, that's a thing of the past.
If the episode was created today, one of the guys would steal the father's credit card to buy shit at the cash shop and become overpowered.

This episode wasn't even all that good. People just like it because of the song.

>passably attractive second-generation Asian girls with severe mental health issues.

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 31.96K)

The vast majority of modern MMOs are "theme park" MMOs that are designed for busy people to indulge in for a set amount of time. It's like sitting down to watch an episode, you choose your entertainment and sit down to indulge it for a set amount of time. No surprises, just what you see on the label.
MMORPGs have lost the stigma because they're packaged events to consume, it's not an investment and it's most certainly not a virtual world.

If blizzard could just decide to put their stupid fucking tranny loving on hold and make wow2, this would be me. But that's never going to happen, sadly...

that's how it always was, the only exception was wow because it had le competitive raiding and pvp which mmowives hate (still had a bunch of them though)

It's true. You shouldn't interpret that as Any Forums telling you you'll be married with a hot asian gamer girl that's just crazy enough for god tier sex if you play those MMOs, but it is true that there are a lot more girls that fit the description you greentexted than other places. Also non asian girls. Whether you can land fish in a lake with fish in it depends on your own fishing skills.

That was the case with Runescape but I'm not seeing it anymore

Guildwars 2 is based af ngl straight bussin fr fr on God bro no cap.