Was He Right?

Attached: 1604499400519.jpg (1079x762, 226.75K)

Attached: 1640857583305.png (1362x764, 220.14K)

>watching friend simulators
ngmi

>Simply Dad . 91 tuioyhjsiouhauapisptsh . 2 amisausi shaiuyeu
Great language, faggot.

He was right about Persona, but SMT is still garbage, mainly because press turn is garbage: It's a system that adds nothing to the actual combat complexity because it simply rewards you with additional actions for doing something you should already be doing (hitting weaknesses and scoring crits). Also allowing you to completely bypass fights with fusion. Press Turn bottlenecks you into spamming the same three tools in a battle design that is already piss poor, the only difference you have is that endgame content has so many resistances you'll go for a multihit crit build rather than elemental weaknesses, it's braindead as fuck.
SMT should've gone the Etrian way having actual hard weaknesses and distinct attacks without the need of snowballing and degenerating in turn loops that are just spamming crits in order to spam more crits to maximize damage output.
As long as SMT keeps on pushing this garbage mechanic it will always be miles below games with a good battle system. It's the same mindless thing as anything else in the genre while being praised as a masterpiece. When you play FF you spam Haste at the beginning of every boss. Nocturne is no different, instead, it's just agility. Press Turn is a genuinely horrible mechanic and the only reason they still use it is that that's the only way to make SMT's combat stand out compared to shit like DQ by adding a gimmick but not changing anything sustainable and they're simply too incompetent and lazy to actually design good combat because that would also mean completely reworking SMT's battle system from the very basics. Here are some actually good JRPGs which simply fag obviously has never played

SaGa games
Metal Max games
Uncharted Waters games
Zill O'll Infinite+
Langrisser games
The Genius of the Sappheiros
Elona+
Dept. Heaven games
Brandish games
Vantage Master
Front Mission 2
Valkyrie Profile 1&2
Oreshika 2
Etrian series
Yomi wo saku hana
Lunatic Dawn
Labyrinth of Rfrain+Galleria
Dungeon travelers 2, 2-2

Attached: 1640514409098.jpg (554x554, 34.26K)

>p3 much much lower then 5 and 4
lol, lmao even

>simplenigger
No. I couldn't stand listening to this mush mouth nigger constantly use nigger speak, saying BRUH all the time while playing gifs of black people chimping out and over reacting to things. His SMT5 video was painful.

>smt if
kek. What a contrarian retard
yeah, press turn really is overrated

good god all those persona analysis videos are the same shit

>590162578
>that picture
>that list
>Etrian Odyssey is good
>Knights in the Nightmare is good
very strong bait, but bait nonetheless

This nigger literally shilled his videos by spamming here. It explains why he's such a contrarian retard.

Honestly? I agree.

Dishonestly? I agree.

>Dept heaven
Based, although Gungnir is really fucking bad

Attached: newyear2022.png (1920x1082, 1.17M)

unrelated to persona 3 as i've never played it but this guy is an edgy cocksucker

based

shits on 5 in every way.

it's true

Attached: .png (1148x3005, 824.82K)

>Knights in the nightmare
>Bad
Lol filtered

You legitimately cannot shit on Press Turn and then defend Knights in the Nightmares battle system in the same breath. It's guilty of the same "just hit weaknesses!!!" shit that SMT is, except it's tedious this time. Literally the only time the battle system shines is in boss fights.

Except KitN has more besides hitting weaknesses, such as using the different types of knights at your disposal at the right time

That's where the tediousness came in. Choosing a knight was just a matter of choosing one that has the right attack for hitting an enemy, and can use a weapon with that enemies weakness. Felt like I was just running a checklist in every normal encounter, especially since actually losing is extremely hard with how easy enemy patterns are and how much time you get.

What's funny is that he didn't used to speak like that, he used to sound like a normal white guy.

Nah. Played p3 on a emulator with 0 nostalgia and i can say its actually a good game and even underrated in comparison to 5 for example

Probably hung out with Larrue too much
Marsh is starting to turn into a faggot too

Persona in general sucks

I'm starting to think that it has to do with playing SMT games...

Attached: 1633142806136.png (2048x1152, 422.43K)

It has more to do with microcelebrities in niche communities having faggoty friend circles