Any other examples of where the first game is the best one in a series?

Any other examples of where the first game is the best one in a series?

Attached: GRID.jpg (528x704, 61.54K)

Spyro the Dragon

kingdom hearts

evil within

Dark Souls

Does this count?

Attached: borderlands-goty-enhanced.jpg (1280x598, 1.06M)

idk about that. I tried it again recently and it feels pretty bad to play these days. 2 is still enjoyable.

only the story,and even that wasn't that good

how can they not see what made this one better than the others?

Devs probably couldn't make up their minds if they wanted a fun arcade racer or a racing sim.

witcher

trully amazing game

Attached: 1635567585258.jpg (780x622, 55.72K)

GRID 2 is awesome too, Autosport was fucking weird but still enjoyable, the reboot was a disaster and I have no idea how Legends is. By the way, if you use mods to disable the game's color grading you should be euthanized :)
Picrel only has two games but they managed to run ti into the fucking ground with the sequel.

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 1.89M)

Max Payne.

>I have no idea how Legends is.
basically a slightly better 2019 with a story mode

>they managed to run ti into the fucking ground with the sequel
Never played the game but was looking into it. I assume you mean shitty updates or DLC out the ass?

I still have the most fun playing Crysis 1.

I can't really speak out of personal experience as I dropped it after around 40 hours in the week it launched, but the updates seem really meh from the outside. The last one added a goofy-ass van and some other stuff and while getting new cars all the time is great I just hate how drip-feeding works these days, but what bothers me the most is how all the style the first one had was thrown out of the window in favor of generic minimalism across the whole UI and the actual graphics of the game manage to look extremely bland. The first game had a silly story but it worked, it wasn't too long nor too short and didn't feel like a slog to go through, TC2 ditched that for a multitude of stories that manage to be even more painful to listen to than what you find in Horizon 5 that feel pointless and unrewarding. The game also added planes and boats which are cool for a few minutes but the latter completely ruins the sense of scale of the map, exploration has been killed off too as in the first one you had to actually discover the map (you can increase your discover radius through the perk system which speeds things up) while in 2 the map is just a whiteboard with random events that you gotta do. Cars parts that were handled with cadrs you could easily get through events and skill tests are now turned into some looter-shooter bullshit that would see in The Division, they drop out of the finish line of an event and have glowing colors around them, and drop rates for good parts are depressing. Maybe I'm biased because of my personal preferences but 1, despite not being perfect, has more style and substance than 2, but at least it sure doesn't feel like a grindy kids game like the sequel.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

Attached: 143020-crysis-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1143, 163.08K)

Deus Ex
Fallout 1
Doom
Left 4 Dead
Half Life
Counterstrike
Killing Floor 1
Red Orchestra 1 / Darkest Hour
WoW

Attached: 1645823072365.jpg (800x424, 153K)

Love that game.

Dont want to mass reply but surprisingly based replies guys, all of you.

Attached: 1644767401585.jpg (828x739, 249.14K)

I got ya, thanks for the response mate. I'll give the first a look at.

No problem, also pick up the ultimate edition on a sale if possible, last time it was going for 5 dollars on Steam and it will give you access to the two big expansions the game received. If you already use uPlay chances are you already have it as it was given away for free back in 2016.

Attached: splat.jpg (220x278, 36.56K)